Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping trick working right now????

tag
Siobhanmairead
Valued Member

Shopping trick working right now????

I have attempted to do the shopping cart trick with Maurices several times. I did it with Victoria's Secret a few months ago and got a $350 CL with only a soft pull. I really want a Maurices card and I am just not getting the pop up like I want. I even tried my husbands info (who has better credit and no Comenity accounts) and still nothing! 

Do they soft randomly? Do they stop softing by IP address maybe??? Has anyone received a Maurices pop up lately? 

Thank you

Starting Score: 600
Current Score: 663
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Shopping trick working right now????

@Siobhanmairead wrote:

I have attempted to do the shopping cart trick with Maurices several times. I did it with Victoria's Secret a few months ago and got a $350 CL with only a soft pull. I really want a Maurices card and I am just not getting the pop up like I want. I even tried my husbands info (who has better credit and no Comenity accounts) and still nothing! 

Do they soft randomly? Do they stop softing by IP address maybe??? Has anyone received a Maurices pop up lately? 

Thank you

The so called "shopping card trick" is not an absolute sure shot.  Although most of the affiliated Comenity private label entities offer a variety of special marketing promotions, including prescreened offers from time to time, it does not mean you will be elegible every time.  One must meet their prescreened elegibility requirements first, and the offer could be targeted to specific markets. (SP) eligibility is not prescreened at the IP address level.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.