cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So many rewards... what's in your wallet?

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Re: So many rewards... what's in your wallet?

@Anonymous wrote:
Ever thought about getting an Amex card? They have nice offers like $25 back on $75 spent etc.

I had two of their Detla Sky Miles cards. Used to run a lot of business purchases through them so I racked up well over a million miles. Both of those cards were included in my BK in '10 so I won't see another AMEX card for awhile. I still have some miles left though. Haven't paid for a flight in over 15 years.

I'm reading about a lot of 5% rewards cards. I think that is my next goal. Time to upgrade to something better than 1.25%.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually keep all of my credit cards in my wallet, but in order of usage: Sallie Mae (my favorite card ever), Chase AARP (for restaurants), Quicksilver (for things that don't fit into an extra cash back category), Freedom (for the category spending), and Wells Fargo Rewards Visa (which I swipe once per month to maintain a minimally cordial relationship with Wells Fargo, lol).

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@barthooper wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Ever thought about getting an Amex card? They have nice offers like $25 back on $75 spent etc.

Is it limited to certain cards and how often is this? I can't remember reading about this before.

Amex offers are available on all Amex cards including prepaid cards like Serve, even the ones not issued by Amex (read: Fidelity etc). There several ways to link these offers to your cards. For Amex issued cards the offers are obviously in your account so you can select whatever you like. For non-Amex cards you need to go through FB or Twitter to link them.

http://www.amexoffers.com/ is a good starting point to educate yourself. Also http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/ is not a bad thing to read through...

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I actually keep all of my credit cards in my wallet, but in order of usage: Sallie Mae (my favorite card ever), Chase AARP (for restaurants), Quicksilver (for things that don't fit into an extra cash back category), Freedom (for the category spending), and Wells Fargo Rewards Visa (which I swipe once per month to maintain a minimally cordial relationship with Wells Fargo, lol).

Smiley LOL

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.