Did you mean: 

So..what's up with Experian?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So..what's up with Experian?

copied from an email:

To All Valued Customers:

Due to many calls from our customers to our company regarding Experian not reporting their accounts, we decided to send emails to all of our customers describing the problems our company is having with Experian.

We submitted our data to Experian for month of May 2009 in the first week of June 2009 as we normally do.  Experian emailed us back declaring Experian received the data from our company.  After receiving many calls regarding our accounts not being on Experian credit report, we called Experian and told us they will no longer accept data from us and refused to provide us with a reason over the phone. 

We have engaged our legal department to resolve the issue with Experian as quickly as possible.  It looks like it will take some time to get the situation fixed as it seems a lot of the communication between our company and Experian have to be done by mail.  Unfortunately, we don't expect our company’s accounts to appear on your Experian credit report anytime soon.

Please note that we strongly believe that consumers should have the right to have their good payment history reported on all credit bureau reports so all creditors can make a more informed decision and we will try our best to resolve the issue and pursue every reasonable effort in rectifying this matter. 

We hope the issue will be resolved soon and will not have any answers for you until we have some written response from Experian.  We would appreciate your patience and not calling us regarding the issue with Experian as we will notify all of our customers by e-mail any updates regarding this matter. 

As of now your accounts are still being reported to TransUnion.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

www.CrownJewelers.com 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
tray
Valued Contributor

Re: So..what's up with Experian?

Hi, I think Crown Jewelers is full of it also, as I am also a customer paying right now every month and I have not recieved one email from  Crown Jewelers concerning this issue, I think after I pay this last item off, I am going to try for a Kay's cc at least they will report to the credit bureaus and for me no more buying cheap jewelery from cj.  Thanks pgsparx for the updated information.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 14
Tons_of_Debt
Established Contributor

A poorly written form letter...nice.
08/01/2008 - 472 EQ; 523 TU; 454 EX
03/01/2009 - 574 EQ
08/08/2009 - 648 EQ
01/27/2010 - 671 EQ
07/04/2010 - 713 EQ
01/05/2011 - 730 EQ
05/14/16 - 762 EX
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

isn't it crazy how poorly it's written?  english as a second language, right?

it's does, though, seem hard to believe that CJ would lie about it.  i mean you're not paying for quality jewelry, you're paying for a bump in your credit score.  we know this CJ knows this so why would CJ stop doing what they do well?  it's like what happened when hardee's started making fried chicken.

then experian has just become downright hostile to consumers for whatever reason

i don't get it

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

isn't it crazy how poorly it's written?  english as a second language, right?

it's does, though, seem hard to believe that CJ would lie about it.  i mean you're not paying for quality jewelry, you're paying for a bump in your credit score.  we know this CJ knows this so why would CJ stop doing what they do well?  it's like what happened when hardee's started making fried chicken.

then experian has just become downright hostile to consumers for whatever reason

i don't get it

I believe EX, like EQ, considers Crown Jewelers to be some kind of fraudulent TL. Pretty much considered as a pay to play account. Just as you stated above, paying to bump your scores. EX is refusing to report them at this time.

Try the link below to read another thread here on this same subject.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=165409&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always assumed that most of the customers services are provided by these companies are from Overseas. They are not from the states anymore. Every time i called for a customer services even with Credit Bureau, they always have some sorts of accents. However when you call the backdoor number, it is in the United States. Never call the number on the back of the card..

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't like recommending CJ to prospective credit challenged folks when there were only two CBs. At the least, there were more creditors using EX than TU to pull so it wasn't that bad. But if they're only going to be on TU then to people who have CJ, stop buying the jewelry, and to those who don't have a CJ tradeline, don't get one. EX is pretty much hip to the game and TU will no doubt be behind them.

They were a great hookup (yeah, that's right a HOOKUP!)... and I will miss them terribly. I got the 2 CCs, the mortgage, real Sterling accounts, a car loan....my credit scores are no where near what they were when I got CJ. So if CJ were to bounce.....I'm ok, but I would be lying if I said it didn't help me, because it did.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i don't get it

You should get it.Smiley Surprised   It's about them making money in the end, Experian are scumbags and have become extremely hostel to consumers after the falling out with Fair Issac's about MONEY and their contract. They will continue this practice, because they believe if it continues people will start demanding FICO make concessions to bring them back into the fold.

If you haven't noticed people can't really access their free reports with Experian or if you dispute something they disregard the dispute or they correct the item and still won't release you a fresh credit report. But they say you can pay for it. That's all they care about is their money.They are losing funds by the day not being on the FICO website offering scores and reports and they have to make up that money some other way.

They feel by being hostel a demand for their products will happen....only time will tell if it works or not.

King

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checked my Ex report.  No more CJ for me either.  Back when my scores were awful, they were a great boost to my score, esp with a $2500 limit.

Thankfully, I am on to credit gardening.  I've gotten all the baddies off that would cooperate.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i don't get it

You should get it.Smiley Surprised   It's about them making money in the end, Experian are scumbags and have become extremely hostel to consumers after the falling out with Fair Issac's about MONEY and their contract. They will continue this practice, because they believe if it continues people will start demanding FICO make concessions to bring them back into the fold.

If you haven't noticed people can't really access their free reports with Experian or if you dispute something they disregard the dispute or they correct the item and still won't release you a fresh credit report. But they say you can pay for it. That's all they care about is their money.They are losing funds by the day not being on the FICO website offering scores and reports and they have to make up that money some other way.

They feel by being hostel a demand for their products will happen....only time will tell if it works or not.

King

i get experian, what the "i don't get it" was in response to was the previous posts complaining about CJ.  i don't see this as a CJ problem but an EX problem, hence the title of the post.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.