Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store Card - Reporting

tag
JasonL
Established Member

Store Card - Reporting

I have a store card that I opened to buy a TV with about (2) years ago. It reported twice and then I paid off the balance and it has not reported since.

If I were to use it again to buy something small, would that help my AAOA?

Just curious. Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: Store Card - Reporting

Your AAoA would improve if the card is older than your current AAoA, but would be harmed if the card is younger than your current AAOA. The calculation is just a simple average.

Which bureau(s) did it originally report to? Have you checked all three to make sure it isn't still on there? If the card still shows on your report, even if it says "closed" or "paid" it is calculated in your AAoA.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 2 of 4
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Looks like the account is still on the reports from what thr OP is saying, but only reported for 2 months (presumably the 2 months they used it)
Message 3 of 4
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

^^^ yea thats what i understood. has it been closed?

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.