cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Bank CLD on two cards.. AA or just due to inactivity?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony Bank CLD on two cards.. AA or just due to inactivity?

@waiter wrote:

Hi, 

Just today i also noted same thing with my synchrony bank cards.

Ebates from 18k to 1024

chevron texaco visa 25k to 1024

my walmart discover 8k to 1024

my stash hotel card 15k to 1024 

my sams club card 16k to 1024 

I dont know WTH is goin on i am using some of the cards regularly , i hope its a system glich kinda thing.

That is really weird.

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

544k in available credit could be a red flag. Synchrony may want to reduce their risk.

Message 12 of 25
waynes1982
Frequent Contributor

I had this same thing happen to me on my walmart card, I used the card and the limit was restored to the original limit.  It's just because the account is inactive.  

Gardening since 06/01/2016

Message 13 of 25
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Reading this thread made my heart skip a beat... LOL.

I have four Synchrony accounts, and I just checked them all.  So far, no CLD on any of them.  <whew!>

My Sam's MasterCard and Care Credit I've been using really hard, so hopefully the activity they see will prevent them from being impacted. 

My Lowe's and Belk, well, not so much.  But my limits with them aren't 'crazy', either (Lowe's is $7450 and Belk is $3400) so hopefully I'll be able to stay under the radar.  They are also my oldest accounts (2004 and 2006) so I really want them to be left alone.

I know that ideally it's best to "spread the love" around a bit with different lenders, but this situation just kind of 'happened'... the one's I don't use are my oldest accounts so I don't want to close them, and the two newer ones actually give me a lot of value. 

I was thinking later in the year that the Amazon store card might be a possibility, but maybe it's best I don't press my luck...

Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those who read and participate on these boards know about the rollercoaster rides many members go through.  Inactivity is generally not why people end up going down the coaster.

Several months ago I had 16 credit cards.  The Comenity closing stories began to appear.  I began to wonder will mine get closed or will other companies CLD me. I've bought a ceiling fan and a $5 can of Tuff Stuff two different months on my Lowes card with an $8,800 CL.  I found myself spending $10 just to keep a credit card active.  Then I asked myself what was I doing.  My big bank credit cards would love for me to spend more money with them rather than some SCT bank.  So I started closing accounts.  If I get a new Citi card for $5,000 SL I would shut down 3 Comenity cards with high interest and low limits.  I went from having a check book wallet with 24 spaces for cards to this.  It feels so much better.  Still have the ideal revolving credit line over $50,000 which is what bankers want to see before they offer small business loans. 

Message 15 of 25
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

@waiter wrote:

I called... and was told she dont know the reason but the letter is on the way.

Hmmmmm...sounds like another disastrous thread I just read.

More I read here, and learn, I definitely KNOW I only need no more than 4 majors. My siggy at the end of the year will reflect 1 Discover, 1 Mastercard, 1 Visa & 1 American Express. I'm halfway there. 

Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

They dropped them to 1K. 1024. Get it?

I'll show myself out..............

Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Those who read and participate on these boards know about the rollercoaster rides many members go through.  Inactivity is generally not why people end up going down the coaster.

Several months ago I had 16 credit cards.  The Comenity closing stories began to appear.  I began to wonder will mine get closed or will other companies CLD me. I've bought a ceiling fan and a $5 can of Tuff Stuff two different months on my Lowes card with an $8,800 CL.  I found myself spending $10 just to keep a credit card active.  Then I asked myself what was I doing.  My big bank credit cards would love for me to spend more money with them rather than some SCT bank.  So I started closing accounts.  If I get a new Citi card for $5,000 SL I would shut down 3 Comenity cards with high interest and low limits.  I went from having a check book wallet with 24 spaces for cards to this.  It feels so much better.  Still have the ideal revolving credit line over $50,000 which is what bankers want to see before they offer small business loans. 

Link to that baller wallet please

Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a certain amount of conjecture, but...

I'm sure that a bank has only a certain amount of total credit that it can offer (I mean total, across all of their card holders). They probably have a formula based on their total assets, and there's a number that they can't exceed. If that's true, then when one card holder gets a credit limit increase, then someone else needs to get a decrease.

Okay, that's probably an oversimplification. But it only makes sense that they want to achieve a certain level of credit utilization (on their end). If they only have so much to offer, they want that to be working for them, not just padding someone's FICO score.

So when they need to free up a few million dollars to open some new accounts or offer some credit limit increases, they look to see who's not using theirs. Then BOOM, you all go down to $1024.

Anyway, that's my educated guess... that it's really more about the bank's profits than it is about how they perceive your credit-worthiness.

In other words, it's not really your fault. It's more, "If you're not going to use it, we'll find someone who will."

Message 19 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

J Crew sent me an email with 50% off a sale 24 hours before other customers would get to be a part of the sale prices.  It was $21.50 with tax and shipping.

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/accessories/smallleathergoods/PRDOVR~E6150/E6150.jsp

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.