cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrony Walmart Card CRA report date Jumping??

tag
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Synchrony Walmart Card CRA report date Jumping??

Hey guys! 

Hope y'all are having a great week!

Anyways here's my situation... 

I have a spreadsheet monitoring and tracking all my cc with their Statement, cut-off and posting dates. I PIF all my accts 98% of the time letting 1-2 accts report so as to keep a UTIL at 1-4% across all CRAs. 

I have two Synchrony accts, namely, Walmart and Marvel MC with CLs of 6K a piece totalling 12K exposure with them. I have low usage with these cards about $350-$500 a month each then PIF before statement cuts. I know about Synchrony's reputation that's why I haven't asked for any CLIs and just kept their exposure at the minimal level with me.

I've had the Walmart cc now for about 2 years. Statement cuts consistently at the 20th or 21st of each month then reports balance to CRAs the day after. I always PIF about 5 days prior so the balance always ends up (negative) due to their rewards. Averaging about -$8 a month. I noticed last month they moved posting date to the 17th which is still fine cuz I was still able to beat it by a day or so. This morning though as I was looking at my EX Credit Tracker I noticed my util jumped one percentage point! I saw that Walmart/Synch reported my balance today the 8th of the month even without a statement being cut! 

Now my question and concern is, is this normal for Synchrony or any cc company to be doing? Reporting balances at random even without a statement? 

Or am I or the PIF groups being singled out by Synch? Don't they like PIF with a negative balance on statements? Am I poking the Synchrony bear here and AA on the horizon? Hasn't happened to my Marvel MC yet though I'm paying close attention to it now.

I am somewhat bothered as it renders my spreadsheet inaccurate and throws me off my game having no control of it! 

What do you guys and gals think?

Really appreciate all your inputs! 

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Synchrony Walmart Card CRA report date Jumping??

Are you on the list for a Walmart upgrade?  I've got the feeling once mine turns into a MasterCard this month they might double report to line things up.  My due date is the 12th  I'm going to get it anyway mid month

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Synchrony has been noted by a number of myfico members in the past few years to report balances off-cycle, especially when a new balance appears. They don't always do this every time and it seems to be random. I know it can be annoying at times.

Message 3 of 8
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Fordguy89 ;

Are you on the list for a Walmart upgrade? I've got the feeling once mine turns into a MasterCard this month they might double report to line things up. My due date is the 12th I'm going to get it anyway mid month

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's just the wally store card. How do I find out if I'm on that list of WalMC upgrade?
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 4 of 8
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Humu ;

Synchrony has been noted by a number of myfico members in the past few years to report balances off-cycle, especially when a new balance appears. They don't always do this every time and it seems to be random. I know it can be annoying at times.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh ok thanks for that info humu. So long as they don't always do it I guess I can live with that. I wonder how random and often they do it each year though?

Message 5 of 8
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

YES! I keep a spreadsheet where I keep balances updated as well so I'm always on top of what needs to be paid (I also have statement dates and due dates on there).

My WM closed February with a balance of $220 or so. And then I charged more; plans to PIF on the 15th. When I got my CK update today, it shows WMs balance as ~$350 as of 3/8. 

Very strange!

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 6 of 8
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

You're going to stroke out over a CC reportig date?

Just set your limit mentally and setup autopay for the balance.  It's not worth all of the time and effort of playing this game.  Spreadsheets are better used for things like tracking your score, limit increase dates, mailed offers / pre-approvals, and things pertinent to moving ahead.  As long as you have your account setup for autopay you're using your CC account like it's cash because you either pay now or in the next 25 days when the due date hits.  It's relatively simple when you take this approach.  

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes Synchrony does this to me all of the time on both my Ebates and Walmart store card. They report updated utilization whenever there is a significant change ( up or down) to all three credit bureaus regardless of when my actual statement cuts. 

I've just learned to deal with it. I'm not applying for credit anytime soon so I no longer micro manage my utilization versus when my statement is due to be issued. I did do this while I was in the market to purchase a home. Since we've closed on our house (6 months ago) I can relax a bit. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.