Regular Contributor
MustangSaluki

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide Discussion Thread

[ Edited ]

The Guide has now exceeded the single post limit of 20,000 characters, so we will use this thread for discussions. Please check the sticky for the guide.

If you recently received a CLI from Amex, please post in the following format to assist in completing the Carrying Balance vs PIF & Other Utilization Factors work-in-progress portion of the guide.

MyFico/Other Handle:
Initial CL:
61 day/181 day CLI: (please indicate whether 61day/181day also)
Amex Utilization @ CLI:
Overall Utilization @ Last EX Soft Pull:
Ratio of Income/(Overall Available Credit) (4 decimal places):
Number of new credit lines opened since opening Amex account or last Amex CLI:
Total $$ value of all transactions since Amex account opening or last Amex CLI:

Valued Contributor
Dustink

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

Thank you for taking the time to write this excellent summary.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Valued Member
bradpitt

[ Edited ]

Very nice!

Thanks for spending the time to make the guide. 

That was very nice of you.

I do have on thing that I would dispute.

"No other lender is known to have a 3X CLI policy and that too as early as the 61st day. One may be able to procure a CLI from other lenders but typically it is a hard inquiry or sometimes flat out denial because the account is considered too new. Amex is the only lender that offers this."

Many customers of GEMB have been able to get those results or even better.  

Regular Contributor
MustangSaluki

bradpitt wrote:

Very nice!

Thanks for spending the time to make the guide. 

That was very nice of you.

I do have on thing that I would dispute.

"No other lender is known to have a 3X CLI policy and that too as early as the 61st day. One may be able to procure a CLI from other lenders but typically it is a hard inquiry or sometimes flat out denial because the account is considered too new. Amex is the only lender that offers this."

Many customers of GEMB have been able to those results or even better.  

You are absolutely correct about GEMB. I will edit my post. More suggestions are welcome. :smileyhappy:

cjcharv

Great Summary!

This needs to be sticked!

Frequent Contributor
OptimasPrime

[ Edited ]

Thank you for putting that together.

The only thing I would say is that the picture of the plat in there might be a bit confusing for those who are less familiar with amex and charge cards in general, given that charge cards are npsl and not eligible for clis.

Thanks again.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Senior Contributor
Walt_K

[ Edited ]

This is a great summary.  I have one suggestion.  I would edit the last part regarding financial review.  I would say that Amex may request documentation to support a CLI to a CL above $25K, including a request for a 4506T.  While you could call that an FR becuase it is, strictly speaking, a review of your finances, the Amex FR carries with it a lot of baggage.  People typically think of accounts being suspended, and that you have to comply or your accounts are shut down. 

The review Amex does for a CLI is not so draconian.  Accounts are not suspended, nothing is mandatory.  They ask for documents, and if you don't present them, they just deny the CLI.  In my opinion, people should stop referring to this as an FR.  It leads to considerable confusion for newer members and those that have not read all the Amex FR and Amex CLI threads.

Thanks for taking my comments into consideration.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
chnceit

This is awesome, thanks!

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Regular Contributor
MustangSaluki

Thanks for the feedback folks. Much appreciated.

I am now maintaining a change log to keep track of changes. If this gets stickied or locked, I welcome suggestions via PM.

Senior Contributor
Open123

Awesome post!

This will be extremely beneficial, especially considering Amex's 3X CL is one of the most often asked questions.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+