Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Official CCC Rant Thread!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Official CCC Rant Thread!

I've had discover call me a few times sell id monitering but were't obnoxious

When this wamu lady started in the pitch, I knew what was commoning, and said "don't try to sell me anything, I'm not buying" wouldn't stop talking , I would have to talk over her , so I hung up. I mean it sound like she was stopping anytume soon.
I've when they say "There is no change  if there is balance." well that means I would have to pay 2-4 weeks early to aviod the fee.

it  requires you pay off the balance would have a grace period before statement cuts

Message 31 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brammy wrote:

netpanther wrote:

Brammy wrote:

rbbyrbsn wrote:
Wamu most useless  reps,harrasing reps, When I called to activate they would not shut up about credit protection, I hung up, unwilling to change my cycle so tat my statement would be on the 1st or 2nd, Would  rather lose me then to give me the 1% cash back

LOL!  never had that with WaMu but don't call them that often.  Funny thing is just had that experience with Discover....Was shocked!!!!

I am schocked! Their CS is super- almost as good as Amex's!

I forget what it was she was trying to sell me but I told her I would be happy to if she would send info to look over.  'Well I'll sign you up and then it will charge whatever and you have 30 days to cancel'.  I was like 'Noooo. I would like to get some info first.  Is info avail on your website?"  "Well it won't give you much info on the website, let me go ahead and sign you up.''  Went on that way for a minute.  I said to myself 'WTH?  I didn't misdial and get HSBC did I?'

I was REALLY shocked!

Message Edited by Brammy on 11-19-2007 05:41 PM

I think I posted this before- but they are going to call you hard and heavy about a credit monitoring service thru them- just tell them absolutely not- take you off list- and you will go back to having great CS w/ Discover! They did the same to me, dumb me- took me three calls to tell them to quit. Otherwise they are great.
Message 32 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC is even more terrible at attacking with that hocking moreso than WaMu, IMO.
Message 33 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems like everyone is trying to sell something. I was on the phone with ATT discussing a prob with my bill and she was trying to sell me stuff--forget talking about the reason I called!! WTF! I was on the phone with Sallie Mae and they were trying to give me free credit protection for 30 days. It is not just the CCC's trust me!
Message 34 of 41
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
I'll add one--

J.Crew, mishandled by WFNNB (World Financial Network National Bank, although I can think of different things those letters might stand for!)
-For saying that they would report the increased credit limit when I revived the account last August, but they never did.
-For saying that any important changes (i.e., CL) would be reported EVERY Friday, but obviously aren't.
-For apparently reporting only to EX, even though they tell me they are reporting to all three. For once, I believe the CRA's here, because TU and EQ both tell me that J.Crew/WFN is not reporting, and they have identical obsolete data. Because of this EQ shows this account as not being in good standing.
-For not having reported balances the two times I've had them on at reporting time, so that EQ and TU won't jump-start.
Pant, pant, pant--what else? Oh yes, they haven't bothered to generate an on-line statement since 10/9 (today is 11/18), and I opted-out of paper statements, so I have to call weekly to be sure that nothing wacko is going on.

Never get a store card until you know what bank is behind it, and what their reputation is! Smiley Mad *snarl*

Just to keep it going, I will add that I called them this evening and asked why I had not had a statement since 10/9, which had a balance on it, I might add. The CST told me that it's because I don't have a balance, and if there isn't a balance, they aren't going to "send" a statement. Well, there's no sending involved, since I went paperless anyway. Then I asked her why the balance that I did have was never reported, and that all three CRA's show no activity since the summer of 2006. Her answer was that WFN/J.Crew reports EVERY Friday, and the CRA's often take 30-45 days to post. Well, EX sure doesn't, and even TU and EQ aren't that bad. I did a dispute with EQ just to try to stir things up, and I also called them today. (Fraud Alert, here I come! Smiley Very Happy) The EQ CSR says that they haven't had a peep from WFN/J.Crew. And since they can't be bothered to generate a statement, I have nothing other than a screenshot of my online account to show that the 10/19 balance (put there solely to show activity) was ever paid off.

Again, before you get a store card, find out who the bank is that runs it, and search here (and elsewhere) for consumer feedback. Caveat emptor!!!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 35 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC---CANT STAND IT--BEEN WITH CO FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS NO CREIDINCREASE UNTIL 09/07 AND ONLY GOT 400 DOLLARS--WACK!!! CONTACTED THE EVP OF COMPANY DEPT AND GOT THIS MESS UNDER REVIEW--THEY EITHER RESOLVE THE ISSUE OR THE CARD HITS THE SOCK DRAWER

CAP 1 ISNT REALLY NO BETTER NO CLI IN FOREVER AS WELL --GOT CARD BACK IN 2004 300 LIMIT NOW ONLY HAVE A 500 LIMIT--ANOTHER WACK ONE!!!!!!

GUESS THEY ARE MEANT TO ONLY BE STARTED CARDS AND ONCE YOU GET YOURSELF TOGETHER MOVE ON!!!!!!!
Message 36 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

AWLEGZ

As you can tell by this thread you are not the only one that dislikes HSBC. I am however, a little surprised at Cap 1, have you tried to cal for CLI?  They are not as stingy as HSBC, trust me!
Message 37 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

OH MY JAYBEE YES AND YOU KNOW WHAT THEY E SINCE I KEEP MY BALANCE LOW AND DONT HAVE MUCH OF A BALANCE IF I USED IT MORE THEY WOULD PROBABLY INCREASE IT THATS THEY KNOW FROM PREV EXPERIENCE--WHAT KIDNA CRAP IS THAT---IF YOU MAX YOUR CARD OUT AND OWE USE MORE THAN YOU HAVE AVAILABLE YOU WILL PROB GET AN INCREASE FASTER THAN IF YOU DONT USE IT AS MUCH--I MEAN HELL WHAT CAN YOU REALLY DO WITH 500 WITHOUT MAXING IT OUT--COME ON NOW!!! I THINK THIS WAS A BUNCH OF BULL--THEY ABOUT TO BE SOCK DRAWERED TOO IF THEY DONT GET THEIR ACT RIGHT Smiley Happy
Message 38 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea I agree that Cap 1 LOVES activity.
Message 39 of 41
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
OH MY JAYBEE YES AND YOU KNOW WHAT THEY E SINCE I KEEP MY BALANCE LOW AND DONT HAVE MUCH OF A BALANCE IF I USED IT MORE THEY WOULD PROBABLY INCREASE IT THATS THEY KNOW FROM PREV EXPERIENCE--WHAT KIDNA CRAP IS THAT---IF YOU MAX YOUR CARD OUT AND OWE USE MORE THAN YOU HAVE AVAILABLE YOU WILL PROB GET AN INCREASE FASTER THAN IF YOU DONT USE IT AS MUCH--I MEAN HELL WHAT CAN YOU REALLY DO WITH 500 WITHOUT MAXING IT OUT--COME ON NOW!!! I THINK THIS WAS A BUNCH OF BULL--THEY ABOUT TO BE SOCK DRAWERED TOO IF THEY DONT GET THEIR ACT RIGHT Smiley Happy

Cap 1 sounds like Citi --I was told by a Citi CSR that they won't even look at a CLI unless they're seeing activity at the 50% level or more. (50% on my card, anyway.) Didn't need to be on the balance or carried over; he was looking at how much had posted so far that month.

You might want to call Cap 1 and tell them that you're about to give up on their card, but you're giving them one last chance to give you a CLI, and what is it that they want you to do to justify one. Whatever they tell you, say, OK, I'll do this, and you have one month to decide whether you want to keep me as a customer.

Then if they don't work with you, give them the ultimate torture --5 months and 30 days in the sock drawer, and then one spool of thread. You can get thread on sale for around 80 cents, I think, and everyone needs thread at some point or another. 2 spools a year sounds like a bargain for punishing a CCC! Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.