Established Contributor
lithium78

Time to wait after ding to ask for CLI?

Back in 2006, I foolishly co-signed a 6-year auto loan for someone and they missed the very last payment on the account by 30 days.  The credit union absolutely refused to give me a GW adjustment no matter what I tried, so I have to live with it.  The ding is from March 2012 and I've been letting it age so I can move forward with my life, but now I'd like to request a CLI on my Bank of America 123 Cash Rewards Visa.  My limit hasn't changed in two years and while the limit was decent at the time I got it during rebuilding, it no longer fits my financial needs.

Does anybody know if they would grant the CLI even if the ding is less than a year old?

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 736 (Walmart FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
dodgerslv

Re: Time to wait after ding to ask for CLI?

I would wait till the one year mark and then still you may have a chance at getting denied. I know BofA is HP 99% of the time. You may have to recon and just explain the situation and eventually grant you the increase or counteroffer.

last app: 4/14/14---Barclays US Airways (10k)---US Bank Flex Travel Rewards (7.5K)---no more applications till September (Amex Delta)

cards in wallet for daily use: Chase CSP(15k), BofA Privilege(30K), Amex BCP(2K), Green, Discover (8k)
cards for travel: Citi AA WEMC(20K), Citi Prestige(11.5K), Chase Ritz(20K) or Marriott(5K), Barclays Arrival(5.5K)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+