Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Credit Card questions

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

USAA Credit Card questions

The Rep told me they pull all 3 for credit card application?? I don't think I had heard that before, is she wrong?

Are they BK Friendly?

What score required? 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
newstart2010
Blogger

Re: USAA Credit Card questions

I apped for the regular card, and they pulled all 3.  After I was denied she said that they have a min score of 650, but they take other issues into account.  The CSR told me that they are not BK friendly, but will listen to recon.  I am not sure if the secured card is BK friendly or not.
I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 2 of 11
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

I guess I had a different more pleasant experience..haha I applied in Jan 2010 and was approved for the USAA MC with a Bk 2004.  For me they only pulled EQ not all 3.
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 3 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

then I will wait for my score to be much higher and bk be older
Message 4 of 11
Lyythine
Established Contributor

I dont think thats correct.  At least for full members... ive apped for several products and ONLY equifax was pulled.  
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Full members do get preferential treatment with lower APR's, more products and the membership and depth of relationship are large parts of the decision.

I app'ed 2 cc's, first MC and then AMEX.  They pulled only EQ for the MC.  No new pull on AMEX (applied within minutes of each other). 

Possibly on lite-members they pull all three and are more conservative in nature?

Message 6 of 11
newstart2010
Blogger

I am a full member, and pulled out my report to make sure I was not speaking untrue.  I have pulls on all three bureaus from USAA for when I apped.  I have been a member of USAA for 9 years.  But my credit blows, so maybe they were just hunting for something good to base a decision on.  lol
I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the MC and the AMEX and they only pulled once on EQ for both cards.  Full member.  Credit scores were

in 710 - 730 range at time of app.

Message 8 of 11
tiger67
Regular Contributor

Limited member. They only pulled EQ for me, approved for $15,000 MC with EQ 740.
Message 9 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

What often happens with all lenders is that they pull the usual report, get a bit scared and then pull another or both.

Not surprising, if you think about it. If your daughter (sister, mother) brings home a new date, and the only info you have on him is a bit spooky, wouldn't you keep looking?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.