Did you mean: 

Us Bank Cash Plus Visa Signature

tag
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Us Bank Cash Plus Visa Signature

@bs6054 wrote:

OK, on the Experian site:

You have experienced an adverse action if you have been declined credit, employment or insurance, received an adverse action notice or if you received a notice that the terms of credit offered to you may be less favorable than the terms offered to consumers who have better credit histories.

The form asks:

Name of business involved in adverse action: *

Date that you were notified : (mm/dd/yyyy)*

So I assume you need an actual notice, rather than say just getting a 14.9% APR instead of 13.9%.   Without a notice, you don't even know which CRA was used, so you can't go and pull the report.

bs5064- just put the company you applied with and then the date off the app.  You should have no problems getting the report.  You won't get a credit score but you will get a copy of your current credit report for free.  This is assuming you didn't get the best rates or best offer.  If you received a letter showing your score then likelihood is that on one of your apps you didn't get best rates/offer on the card.  You will have to go through the identity verification process and answer a few questions about your credit file.  good luck! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 51 of 62
Omri
New Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@Omri wrote:

@Omri wrote:

Called up US Bank, talked to a CSR, and was told I was approved for the Cash+ with a 7k CL Smiley Very Happy

Aaaand apparently I was lied to, because I just got the card, and it was the crappy Cash Rewards card. As I was just planning on making a lot of furniture purchases since I'm getting married soon, I'm rather upset with this.

I don't suppose there's any recourse I have?

Oh, and since I told someone I'd say which CRA they pulled, it was Equifax. I also never got anything in the mail saying I was denied for the Cash+, and therefore also never got anything saying I could request a credit report due to being denied, so this seems decidedly weird.

read the fine print on the bottom, it states on the site that if you do not get approved for cash+ you will be offered 1% cash back card. but just use it sparingly for 6 months then try to get it changed to cash+ or try to get it changed to a flexperks for the time being so you can use it.

also you don't have to get denied to get a credit report, you can get one anyways if you didn't get the best rates possible.

I am aware of the "if you are not approved, we'll consider you for the other card." I actually had called the application status line, it said I was approved, and then I talked to a CSR and asked "Cash Plus or Cash Rewards?" and he told me "Cash Plus." That's what I was referring to there. I realize I wasn't super-clear; sorry about that!

And changing it to a flexperks is a good idea.

Recent FICO scores: TU - 755 (mortgage lender pull)
Message 52 of 62
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:

bs5064- just put the company you applied with and then the date off the app.  You should have no problems getting the report.  You won't get a credit score but you will get a copy of your current credit report for free.  This is assuming you didn't get the best rates or best offer.  If you received a letter showing your score then likelihood is that on one of your apps you didn't get best rates/offer on the card.  You will have to go through the identity verification process and answer a few questions about your credit file.  good luck! Smiley Happy

OK, maybe I will try for science!  As I said, I just got the card with the usual terms and conditions etc, nothing about adverse action etc.   The only way I know I did not get the best rate is to look back at the original application.

13.99% to 23.99% based on your creditworthiness when you open your account.

OK, mine is 14.99%, so not the best.

But my question remains.  If you are denied a card/loan etc, I believe they give you the name of the CRA furnishing the information.   Without that, I guess you have to try with all?  That's why I sort of don't believe this.

Message 53 of 62
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

OK, maybe I will try for science!  As I said, I just got the card with the usual terms and conditions etc, nothing about adverse action etc.   The only way I know I did not get the best rate is to look back at the original application.

But my question remains.  If you are denied a card/loan etc, I believe they give you the name of the CRA furnishing the information.   Without that, I guess you have to try with all?  That's why I sort of don't believe this.

Yes- you do need to know the name of the CRA they pulled.  You can try all 3 and it will be no harm no foul till you get the right CRA.  The CRA police won't come after you if you try on each till you get the right one. Smiley Wink. i know this because I did it for my brother.  Shouldn't be a problem.  You could always call the CC and ask who they pulled.  

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 54 of 62
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

Yes- you do need to know the name of the CRA they pulled.  You can try all 3 and it will be no harm no foul till you get the right CRA.  The CRA police won't come after you if you try on each till you get the right one. Smiley Wink. i know this because I did it for my brother.  Shouldn't be a problem.  You could always call the CC and ask who they pulled.  

OK, I already have Equifax and Transunion (from here) and the inquiry isn't on those, so I submitted an adverse action report request to Experian.  I entered the information, and the request is denied.  The system asked me to mail in the adverse action letter (which of course I don't have).

So I assume there are others here who haven't always got the very lowest advertized interest rate.  Can someone else try and see?

Thanks

Message 55 of 62
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

OK, I already have Equifax and Transunion (from here) and the inquiry isn't on those, so I submitted an adverse action report request to Experian.  I entered the information, and the request is denied.  The system asked me to mail in the adverse action letter (which of course I don't have).

So I assume there are others here who haven't always got the very lowest advertized interest rate.  Can someone else try and see?

Thanks

Curious.  I swear I've gotten the report for my bro when he didn't get best terms on his approval for CapOne.  Of course they pulled all three so got all three.  Did you respond to a credit offer or hard app?

Message 56 of 62
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Curious.  I swear I've gotten the report for my bro when he didn't get best terms on his approval for CapOne.  Of course they pulled all three so got all three.  Did you respond to a credit offer or hard app?

Hard app.  And with your brother, there was no adverse action message, you just know he didn't get the best rate?

Message 57 of 62
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Yes- it was a targeted offer.  Lowest rate 12.9%. Didn't get it.  Got card but not best rate.  Me being the obsessive comp that I am made him call to get the info on the card.  Then we went online and requested the reports.  No prob.  Strange that you can't get yours.  How long ago did you app?

Message 58 of 62
bs6054
Valued Contributor

I got the card on Monday, but the web site shows me enrolled on 11/13, so certainly within 60 days.  I used 11/13 as the date, as I don't quite recall when I applied.

If others have better records....

Message 59 of 62
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

I got the card on Monday, but the web site shows me enrolled on 11/13, so certainly within 60 days.  I used 11/13 as the date, as I don't quite recall when I applied.

If others have better records....

Well I wish you the best on getting this.  CC companies are required by law to provide you with "a" score not necessarily a FICO if you are not approved for the best rates or best terms.  One is also entited to a free copy of one's report if not approved for best terms.  ( known as AA on the app)  BTW- also applies to insurance apps. If you app a targeted offer and are approved for the terms of the offer but not necessarily the best terms on the card, because you we're approved for the best terms of the offer, no score need be reported to the applicant.  This is something some people miss.  You however hard apped so doesn't apply to you.  If you don't recieve a letter soon, I'd call and request best terms or a letter. Smiley Happy. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to help you.  I generally don't respond unless I'm pretty sure of my responses.  I do know that with regards to "best terms", I'm right about this.  

Message 60 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.