Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Credit Cards for Bill Pay

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Credit Cards for Bill Pay

Does anyone take a CC and pay all their utilities and small monthly bills on a credit card then PIF with funds on pay day--I have heard some people esay they use credit cards for everything then pay them back during each month with pay---is this a good thing?  What are you guys opinion--I love talking to you all--you guys are so smart and very knowledgeable with credit---and I love the good hearted debates Smiley Wink

However if anyone does this do you register one card with automatic pay for the accounts and let the bills come out monthly on the exact date which makes them on time---then just pay your credit card semi monthly or monthly ?????????
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Using Credit Cards for Bill Pay

I have been doing this more so with my Amex Blue. Auto Insurance, DirecTv, AT&T, Blue might not be the best rewards card out there, but its what Ive got and I plan to make the best of it. Ive rang up almost 5K in the first two months Ive had it, so I would think I should see a little extra chump change by the time my year anniversary date comes and the rewards get credited to my account. Just in time for to pay for a nice dinner and night out for the DW birthday...
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

soudns like a plan to me JFritz
Message 3 of 8
positronicshell
New Contributor

I put all our bills on my HSBC 2% cash back card + get a $25 check every 2 months.
Most of our bills I have set up to pay in full on the due date except a few such as our land line which automatically charges to the card 7-10 days after the statement date or our seattle public utilities + light bill i have to set up manually every 2 months when we get the bills because they have no auto pay feature.

if you have the cl on a rewards card it is a great way to get something for bills you have to pay anyway.

if only we were allowed to pay our mortgage with a cc we'd be getting those checks a lot faster Smiley Happy

xoxox jane
hey, careful man! there's a beverage here!
My FICO: TU - 725 EX - 736 EQ - 747
Message 4 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I pay many of bills using my credit card every month.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason I got my amex green was to pay bills with, but I am in the process of setting them up and am finding that a few companies won't take amex for bill pay.  A guy I work with told me that's what he did and how it simplified everything for him to just pay one bill.  I am still working on getting everything set up and it looks like I will have to call some of the companies and see what I can work out.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't remember the last time I've used cash for a purchase...I think I put a dollar in the vending machine a couple of months ago...wait, I bought chinese food the other day.  Sometimes chinese restaurants only take cash.

Yeah, I always pay my bills with my cards.  Love it!
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I auto bill pay to my Amex or Visa where possible, more for convenience. Rewards are a nice perk.

Sometimes I do have to use cash...there's a little noodle place I like in Waikiki, they only take "cash or yen."

And there is one local restaurant to me that has not yet updated their cc machine, it still prints all numbers of a cc. So until they update that, it's cash for now.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.