Reply
Established Contributor
jcstarkey8826
Posts: 704
Registered: ‎06-01-2012

Re: Walmart CLI question


bellrod44 wrote:

I was intending on waiting until the 4 month mark, but I've been reading about people getting CLIs after 2 months.


jamesdwi wrote:

Its a SP, but GE, the backer of the Walmart card usually doesn't give out CLI until you have had the card 4 months and usually every eligible, unless you call and talk to an underwriter,  number in the backdoor numbers. 

 

 


 


good luck, and definitely let us know how it goes. I was also tempted to request an increase!

In my wallet: GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL, Charter One Platinum Rewards 500 CL, Chase Freedom 800 CL, Wal Mart Discover Card 6300 CL, Kay Jewelers 3000 CL
Valued Contributor
Burned2manybridgesB4
Posts: 1,387
Registered: ‎03-15-2012

Re: Walmart CLI question

I was browsing online, and almost did the nasty, but stopped. This is the first Christmas in years that I'm ahead...and it's gonna stay that way!!!?!?!?!?? LOL...

Established Contributor
snowkitty
Posts: 979
Registered: ‎09-10-2012

Re: Walmart CLI question


Swapmeet wrote:

lol, I just maxed my card out buying a 47" lg 3d led tv. The next day I paid it off at the register, well all but 90 cents. I am thinking about calling the uw today and asking for a cli.


I didn't realize you could pay your bill in store. Is it at any register or just at customer service? Cash payment or debit or both? I bet it posts faster than online!

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 7.5k | Boa Travel 9k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 13.5k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Valued Contributor
Swapmeet
Posts: 1,307
Registered: ‎11-10-2012

Re: Walmart CLI question

[ Edited ]

It posts immediately, I think -- if not, then the next day. Any register, cash, check, or debit.


snowkitty wrote:

Swapmeet wrote:

lol, I just maxed my card out buying a 47" lg 3d led tv. The next day I paid it off at the register, well all but 90 cents. I am thinking about calling the uw today and asking for a cli.


I didn't realize you could pay your bill in store. Is it at any register or just at customer service? Cash payment or debit or both? I bet it posts faster than online!


 

My Wallet: WalMart: ||13.5k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||13k|| Amex Delta Gold: ||2k||; BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k||
Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k|| USAA World MC: ||13k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||10.5k||
Barlays Arrival World MC: ||10k||
Fico Scores: EQ 760 (SW),TU 757 (Walmart), EX 738 (myfico) Last app: Arrival World MC 2-1-14
Established Contributor
snowkitty
Posts: 979
Registered: ‎09-10-2012

Re: Walmart CLI question


jcstarkey8826 wrote:

bellrod44 wrote:

I was intending on waiting until the 4 month mark, but I've been reading about people getting CLIs after 2 months.


jamesdwi wrote:

Its a SP, but GE, the backer of the Walmart card usually doesn't give out CLI until you have had the card 4 months and usually every eligible, unless you call and talk to an underwriter,  number in the backdoor numbers. 

 

 


 


good luck, and definitely let us know how it goes. I was also tempted to request an increase!


I called and got an increase a month after I got my card. They increased my walmart, amazon and Old Navy. I didn't know it at the time but I should have asked for more. I only asked for small increases because I was new to this and they did it with no problem...but now I see other people ask for double and triple cli's and get it. Good Luck!!

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 7.5k | Boa Travel 9k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 13.5k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Frequent Contributor
scarrollprint
Posts: 382
Registered: ‎06-26-2012

Re: Walmart CLI question

[ Edited ]

Swapmeet wrote:

It posts immediately, I think -- if not, then the next day. Any register, cash, check, or debit.


snowkitty wrote:

Swapmeet wrote:

lol, I just maxed my card out buying a 47" lg 3d led tv. The next day I paid it off at the register, well all but 90 cents. I am thinking about calling the uw today and asking for a cli.


I didn't realize you could pay your bill in store. Is it at any register or just at customer service? Cash payment or debit or both? I bet it posts faster than online!


 


Check payments at the register are treated the same way as payments made online. When you use a check at WalMart it is processed as an EFT (which is the same process as paying online with a linked account)

 

Cash and debit transactions are not subject to the massive hold for multiple payments within 1 cycle.

Also any payments at the register have to be a completly seperate transaction. You can't say I want this, that, this, that, oh and I want to pay my credit card bill. You have complete the purchases and then make the payment seperatly or make the payment and then do the purchases.

 

(I have a 2nd job at WM as well as have thier card).



Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Valued Contributor
Swapmeet
Posts: 1,307
Registered: ‎11-10-2012

Re: Walmart CLI question

The main difference is that you can't make an online payment until a charge is posted to your account. You can make a payment at the register while it is pending. Secondly, I paid with a check and it posted the following day. You do have to know how much you want to pay ahead of time though, they can't pull up your account. They just ask you how much you want to pay. My payment was immediately pending, then posted the following day.

My Wallet: WalMart: ||13.5k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||13k|| Amex Delta Gold: ||2k||; BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k||
Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k|| USAA World MC: ||13k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||10.5k||
Barlays Arrival World MC: ||10k||
Fico Scores: EQ 760 (SW),TU 757 (Walmart), EX 738 (myfico) Last app: Arrival World MC 2-1-14
Frequent Contributor
scarrollprint
Posts: 382
Registered: ‎06-26-2012

Re: Walmart CLI question

Was it the first payment of the billing cycle?

 

From my own experience from making payments when I called the Credit card side I was told that anything besides the first EFT in the billing cycle gets a hold. Doesn't matter if its $1 or $1000 it automatically has a hold on it....

 

Again emphasis is on the multiple payments. If you only make 1 payment a month, it doesn't matter how you pay it as it won't be subject to the hold period.



Current: Eq- 624 Ex - 631 (lender pulled) TU - 661 (lender pulled)
Goal 700+ across all three
Valued Contributor
Swapmeet
Posts: 1,307
Registered: ‎11-10-2012

Re: Walmart CLI question

Not only was it the first payment of the billing cycle, but it was the first payment of the account....lol. Your point is duly noted, thanks for the info -- I will use it in my conversation with uw today.

My Wallet: WalMart: ||13.5k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||13k|| Amex Delta Gold: ||2k||; BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k||
Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k|| USAA World MC: ||13k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||10.5k||
Barlays Arrival World MC: ||10k||
Fico Scores: EQ 760 (SW),TU 757 (Walmart), EX 738 (myfico) Last app: Arrival World MC 2-1-14
Valued Contributor
Epcot
Posts: 2,777
Registered: ‎10-10-2012

Re: Walmart CLI question

Hope you get the increase, let us know how it goes! :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 809 EX 774 TU 805
App free since 4/11/13

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+