Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart CLI request

tag
iBooger
Established Member

Walmart CLI request

Yeah, I know there are a lot of threads on the subject, but I'm still going to ask. I have had this card since August, and I just made my fourth payment on the 15th of December. It is currently listed as pending, but it has come out of my bank account. I was wondering if I should wait until I make my 5th payment, or just after my payment is complete to request an increase?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Walmart CLI request

@iBooger wrote:

Yeah, I know there are a lot of threads on the subject, but I'm still going to ask. I have had this card since August, and I just made my fourth payment on the 15th of December. It is currently listed as pending, but it has come out of my bank account. I was wondering if I should wait until I make my 5th payment, or just after my payment is complete to request an increase?

After payment posts and clears you should be good, I'm surprised you didn't get auto... everyone has been reporting at 4 months going from $300-700 or $700-$1100 auto

Message 2 of 21
iBooger
Established Member

They denied me.  I guess I will just wait until 6 months.

Message 3 of 21
Datx
Valued Contributor

If you don't mind me asking, did they give you an reasons for the CLI denial? Just curious because I will be in the same situation here in the next few days.

Message 4 of 21
iBooger
Established Member

I'm not sure if they gave me a reason yet. They will probably tell me that I haven't had enough experience with this card or something.

Message 5 of 21
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@iBooger wrote:

I'm not sure if they gave me a reason yet. They will probably tell me that I haven't had enough experience with this card or something.

They are required to tell you in a letter why you were denied and what CRA was used to get information. Let everyone know what the reason or reasons were.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 6 of 21
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

whenever I got denied for a walmart cli increase, it was due to insufficient experience at my current credit limit which means more time has to pass by but I've been able to request one every 4 statements. The letters I have gotten in the past because I would request one too soon wouldnt have a credit bureau listed on it for using it as part of the decision so I dont think they even check at all as long as you were good to them.

amazon
Message 7 of 21
Smug
Established Contributor

I got denied too, however maybe getting 2 caps and a discover in the last few months hurt it
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 8 of 21
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@tsquad131 wrote:

whenever I got denied for a walmart cli increase, it was due to insufficient experience at my current credit limit which means more time has to pass by but I've been able to request one every 4 statements. The letters I have gotten in the past because I would request one too soon wouldnt have a credit bureau listed on it for using it as part of the decision so I dont think they even check at all as long as you were good to them.

I realize I spoke too soon. That's what I get for reading too fast.  Smiley Happy

What I was talking about was denial for new credit and not denial for a CLI. I apologize for my error.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 9 of 21
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

its not even new accounts, its how ge money bank works, you can only request a cli every 4 months or statements. They are always small increases and even if you have immaculate credit with a 750+ fico you will only get small limits and small increases, they are just stingy. You can search around and people will tell you the same thing. They are very conservative when it comes to credit limits. But not as bad as capital one who doesnt give cli's at all

amazon
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.