cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Discover CSR Confusing

tag

Re: Walmart Discover CSR Confusing

And I will add that the request will result in a soft pull because the lender will need to verify that you meet compliance guidelines to transfer the exposure, particularly in regard to your annual income due to recent regulatory changes.

Message 11 of 19
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Thank you again for your help the csr dept is closed i did recieve info to call first thing in the morning which i will definitely do. You are right they did say that this can definitely be done glad you were on the forum when i needed help.

Message 12 of 19
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Hi.  Which GE cards were you successfully able to transfer line limits inbetween?  I would love to do this too.

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 19
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

hey, i'm trying to transfer my reg walmart card to my walmart discover.

Message 14 of 19
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

ok. I forgot to include the quote.  The question was directed to poster aaron....

Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Message 15 of 19

Lowes, JcPenny, and Walmart -- its only available when the company has multiple accounts (for example a store card and a discover/visa or in the case of Lowes a consumer card and a project card... both accounts have to be active to be able to transfer the limit (otherwise it would be a cli). The basic premise is that the card is active and the risk is out there -- so there is no difference where the available credit lies, the exposure is all the same. Just escalate until you get the answer you want. :-)

Message 16 of 19
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

ahhh, so I see. Thanks

Message 17 of 19
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

@AaroninOakland wrote:

Ask the CSR to transfer you to underwriting to have the credit limit from the store card transferred over to your discover card, this can be done. When you are transferred to underwriting ask to speak with a U.S. based lender -- they can perform the transfer. This is, of course, if both accounts are active. Typically an upgrade is going to result in the closure of the store card -- but sometimes these things slip through the system and if Im understanding your situation correctly that could be a big benefit to you. You can even request a portion of the limit be transferred from the store card to the discover if you want. :-)

update called a few minutes ago and i am happy to say transfer was successful. yahoo! thank u so much aaron u were a gr8 help.

Message 18 of 19

Good, so glad it worked out for you.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.