Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Discover Upgrade

tag
dante123321
Established Member

Walmart Discover Upgrade

So I received the invitation to upgrade from walmart store to discover I accept and today I resived the new discover card but when I login to the account there are 2 account one for the new discover and one for the old walmart store card is this right? I have 2 different account??  I thought it will remain the same account but with the new card can anyone let me know and can i recon the intial cl on the new discover?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Discover Upgrade

Unfortunately, the Walmart Discover invitation opens up a second tradeline with a new opening date. Anyone who receives the upgrade and accepts will have both the store card and the Discover card reporting as seperate accounts.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 2 of 18
dante123321
Established Member

Didn't know that thanks for the info I thought they close the old store card

Message 3 of 18
distantarray
Established Contributor

how do you qualify for a upgrade anyways? I got a nice limit and I'm sitting on 750's credit scores now (612 when i got mine) and I'm just going deedee dee hehe

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 18
dante123321
Established Member

Don't know I had the store card for almost 3 years got a cli last month and like 3 weeks later received the invitation to upgrade score is 725 never a baddy

Message 5 of 18
lithium78
Established Contributor

They do close the store card, but it still appears as a choice on your online account even though it's closed.  It's weird, I know.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 18
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

yes the exact same thing happened to me your walmart card will be closed and the walmart discover will have a new account number even though it will continue to remain on your well our report for 10 years. once you activate your new card the old walmart card should be discarded. When was your last cli i do believe you should get a increase with the upgrade.

Message 7 of 18
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Did you guys have zero balance when you get the upgrade?

I kept mine at under $200 for reporting purposes, 2.9k CL I'm due for another increase also.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 8 of 18
dante123321
Established Member

it was in 0 for more than 1 year barely used the card, had a balance of $100 when upgrade was given las cli was 3 weeks ago went from1000 to 2500 2 weeks later i resived the invitation for the upgrade

Message 9 of 18
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:

Did you guys have zero balance when you get the upgrade?

I kept mine at under $200 for reporting purposes, 2.9k CL I'm due for another increase also.

I was offered the upgrade with a balance.
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.