Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart FICO information

tag
hersheykisses
Regular Contributor

Walmart FICO information

I just wanted to share that the Walmart FICO score you get with your account IS accurate.  How i know this is i joined TU for the free trial week and it was the same score.  Just thought i'd share that information with you Smiley LOL

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart FICO information

@kerbear1969 wrote:

I just wanted to share that the Walmart FICO score you get with your account IS accurate.  How i know this is i joined TU for the free trial week and it was the same score.  Just thought i'd share that information with you Smiley LOL

Hi. Welcome. The Walmart score, as is posted elswhere on this site is a TU08 score. The TU score on this site is TU98 and the most used score by lenders is TU04. They are all real fico scores but all 3 are base on a slightly differerent formula.

Message 2 of 6
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

Also, the score on Transunion's website is not a FICO score, so it is coincidental at best. 

Message 3 of 6
CS800
Super Contributor

Does anyone have any statistical data on the use of TU08? Seems like majority of lenders are still on 98 and very few on 04

Message 4 of 6
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

I was more under the impression that most were on 04 and some were heading to 08. The numbers refer to the years that the formulae came into being.... I have had some discussion with mods here about why we cannot purchase the 04 score here and the best response I can get is that it is a contractual negotiation with TU which score is used and other info has not been forthcoming. It is unfortunate that the public cannot have easier access to the exact score that is being used to judge their creditworthiness. It is bad enough with TU that we can't purchase the TU04 score wherase EX we cannot have access to any fico score unless we are Pennsylvania residents.....

That being said, we have a pretty clear understanding of what goes into a fico score and how to improve a score, A fico or a fako can assist with that. The only time that the exact score becomes necessary is when for example one is applying for a mortgage with a specific score cutoff number and even in that case, it can be a puzzle to figure out exact which score or scores a lender will pull.

Message 5 of 6
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

Most mortgage lenders us TU04.  I wish they were using TU98.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.