Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart MC Upgrade

tag
bldmt
Regular Contributor

Walmart MC Upgrade

My Walmart MC card packet arrived today. Haven't activated yet but, it says right on the bottom left front "Member Since 2013". My PLCC is 2 years old this month and as discussed here, and told by a rep on chat it would be a new card, and starting date. The 2 year age drop off is something I don't want to accept so I will stick with the PLCC.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart MC Upgrade

@bldmt wrote:

My Walmart MC card packet arrived today. Haven't activated yet but, it says right on the bottom left front "Member Since 2013". My PLCC is 2 years old this month and as discussed here, and told by a rep on chat it would be a new card, and starting date. The 2 year age drop off is something I don't want to accept so I will stick with the PLCC.

Since they sent the card, is it still optional for you to keep the store card?  Are you keeping your same credit limit or getting a higher limit?  If so, the MC gives you more flexibility, plus it's growth potential will probably be more than the store card.  Know it is disappointing to have a lower AAoA, but the store card will still factor in for the next 10 years.  I'm hoping that they will consider me for an upgrade, and my AAoA  is 2.9 years, so it would be affected, but it would be worth it.  Respect your decision to keep the card.  thanks for the update.

Message 2 of 5
bldmt
Regular Contributor

Thanks BigDaddy63

The information states that upon activation the current Walmart info, and balance will be transferred to the new card and that "your old account will be closed". The paperwork says the credit limit is the same, I just got a CLI within the last week and a half or so.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good information to know if I'm ever lucky enough to get an upgrade.

Message 4 of 5
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I am also not on the bandwagon for the upgrade.  I don't mind applying for new accounts which might have an effect on my AAoA, but not really interested in doing it for a PC.  The only benefit I need from Walmart is the 0.0% for large purchases.  The MC has no benefit I can take advantage of. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.