Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart slow to process payment

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Walmart slow to process payment

I made a large payment early yesterday to PIF my Walmart Discover prior to its bill being generated tomorrow.  I just logged into account and it still shows full balance and payment from yesterday as pending.  They havent even presented it to my bank yet.  Should I contact them? I dont want my statement to generate tomorrow with the old balance.

Thanks

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
dante123321
Established Member

Re: Walmart slow to process payment

Its normal it take 2-3 days for the payment to clear
Message 2 of 18
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I'm not worried about payment clearing just reported balance.

Message 3 of 18
distantarray
Established Contributor

if you paid before the bill generated i don't think you'll have a problem at all. just as long as it posts before the due date it should be fine. i make a payment every week to avoid huge balances form showing up.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 4 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Duncanrr- I called and  spoke to a CSR about their 'posting times' last month on my Penney card when I noticed their quirky wording on their receipt after I made my payment in the store.  I was told to allow 72 hours for payments to post, it didn't matter if the payment was made online, in person, cash or check (if you mail allow 5-10 days). If you made your payment yesterday, after the 72 hours your payment will show Oct 31st.  

So, I am making all my GE payments at least 4 days priors to mid-cycle /end of the month dates.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 18
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

So it's possible my balance will not be updated prior to statement cut? That's BS.

Message 6 of 18
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I think it matters how you pay it. If you push a payment through your bank...it will take longer than paying it on Walmart site.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 7 of 18
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I paid online at Walmart's site.

Message 8 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Possible but in my case I  paid my bill in full that morning of the due date last month (the 17th) my payment cleared my account Friday and although I received that quirky warning to allow 72 hours- it did make it on my statement.  I was told the reason was because there was no grace period and they are generating the statement.  To me that means, pay it early especially if it falls on a weekend. Smiley Sad

Just saying...

Message 9 of 18
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

This has happened to me as well as several others....I think there are a few threads about this too. 

I've made PIF payments twice now and they take so long to process the payments that I have had balances report twice now even though I have PIF before statement cuts. I called and they said it shouldn't happen after having the account for 4mths or so. I guess we'll see since this will be my 4th month. 

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.