cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want To Apply For Addison CU Visa!!!!!!!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Want To Apply For Addison CU Visa!!!!!!!!!

Hi, I have been reading messages for a while without posting. I joined Addison last week after I read txjohn threads. Their customer services were very nice as txjohn said. Now I want to apply for Cash Back Platinum Visa. Now I had Alliant CU Visa, LOC ,other major ccs. I wanted to have this card as a daily use card or backup card. I had perfect credit history, no past due. no late and got 3 INQS within six months. My questions are:

Is it tough card to get? Was it instantly approved? Where did they pull? Does they need income vertification? Should I wait to apply?

Thanks.

Ron.

Message Edited by Ron1 on 07-28-2009 05:53 PM
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Re: Want To Apply For Addison CU Visa!!!!!!!!!

1. I Think that this card is easier than PenFed, but harder than First Premier to get.

2. I have not met CU which is capable to approve instantly. Most LO contact applicants either personally, or electronically (Addison sent me emails and voice messages).

3. Experian

4. Yes

5. You should be OK, go ahead.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 2 of 15
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@wmarat wrote:

1. I Think that this card is easier than PenFed, but harder than First Premier to get.

2. I have not met CU which is capable to approve instantly. Most LO contact applicants either personally, or electronically (Addison sent me emails and voice messages).

3. Experian

4. Yes

PenFed can and does instantly approve some CC applications. Some - not a lot.

Message 3 of 15
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Never happened (in my case), but everything is possible.

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@wmarat wrote:

3. Experian

4. Yes

PenFed can and does instantly approve some CC applications. Some - not a lot.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 4 of 15
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

It happened in this house - just not to me. It happended to Her Ladyship when she asked for a $10K CC when she was probably qualified for a $50K card (which she was recently offered and accepted a bump to $30K). Neither of us has ever been asked for anything by them.
Message 5 of 15
Ron1
Super Contributor

Thanks for your reply. Do you think they will ask for income vertification if I asked for 5K? I'm self-employed and I may have problems to show them paystub. How long does it take to get a decision?

Ron.

Message Edited by Ron1 on 07-28-2009 10:26 PM
Message Edited by Ron1 on 07-28-2009 10:31 PM
Message 6 of 15
Ron1
Super Contributor

Thanks for your reply. Should I go for LOC first? Let build some credit history with them.

Ron. 

Message 7 of 15
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Do you think they will ask for income vertification if I asked for 5K? I'm self-employed and I may have problems to show them paystub.

Ron.

Not sure if you are talking about Addison or PenFed. You always have to be prepared to submit proof of income to PenFed, and self-employed individuals have reported having problems with approvals there.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ron1 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Should I go for LOC first? Let build some credit history with them.

Ron. 

That's a good question, LOC or cc?  I'd be interested in hearing from posters with experience or insight into that question.

Message 9 of 15
Ron1
Super Contributor

I don't have Penfed yet. I'm sorry. I didn't make myself clear. I'm talking about Addison CU.

Ron. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.