Mega Contributor
LS2982

Re: Weird Offer From AMEX... Help!!

CEOriginal wrote:

Today I received another "pre-selected" offer from AMEX. I was denied May 15th due to high UTI%, but plan on app'ing again next week since that's taken care of.

This offer that I received, though, is for a sign up bonus of 25K points with....... AMEX GREEN?!??! Huh????? I've never heard of a sign up bonus with the Green card. I wanted the PRG for the first year for two reasons: 1) those 25K points, and 2) 2x points on gas and supermarket purchases. After the first year, I was probably going to downgrade to the Green anyway.

My question is this: Should I take AMEX on this offer? I mean, I know the common consensus is that approval criteria seems to be the same for all charge cards, but this seems to be a targeted offer. Does that matter? Also, if I were to use that RSVP code on the letter, I'm assuming it would automatically apply for the Green?

I would take it after you get your util. down, good luck!! :smileyhappy:

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
09Lexie

[ Edited ]
The green and PRG have the same requirements. Your code is for the green - with the same signup bonus and lower AF. since you recently applied- apping now will be an instant denial.

Edit: just saw your response about next week.
Contributor
CEOriginal

Thanks everyone. Had no idea that you could apply back to back like that. Another reason I love this board haha.

Scores as of 7/28/13: EX.683   TU.688   EQ.???
Established Member
DontEatMyFriends

PRG requirements are to spend 2k within 3 months for 25k pts.  I got mine a few weeks ago and those were the terms.

In the garden until they run out of veggie burgers.
Valued Contributor
nicholasyud

My sister approved for BCP after 2 weeks recon........Call the Exe but transfer to new account and they approved after 1 weeks.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800

Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}