Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Offer From AMEX... Help!!

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Weird Offer From AMEX... Help!!

@CEOriginal wrote:

Today I received another "pre-selected" offer from AMEX. I was denied May 15th due to high UTI%, but plan on app'ing again next week since that's taken care of.

This offer that I received, though, is for a sign up bonus of 25K points with....... AMEX GREEN?!??! Huh????? I've never heard of a sign up bonus with the Green card. I wanted the PRG for the first year for two reasons: 1) those 25K points, and 2) 2x points on gas and supermarket purchases. After the first year, I was probably going to downgrade to the Green anyway.

My question is this: Should I take AMEX on this offer? I mean, I know the common consensus is that approval criteria seems to be the same for all charge cards, but this seems to be a targeted offer. Does that matter? Also, if I were to use that RSVP code on the letter, I'm assuming it would automatically apply for the Green?

I would take it after you get your util. down, good luck!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The green and PRG have the same requirements. Your code is for the green - with the same signup bonus and lower AF. since you recently applied- apping now will be an instant denial.

Edit: just saw your response about next week.
Message 12 of 15
CEOriginal
Contributor

Thanks everyone. Had no idea that you could apply back to back like that. Another reason I love this board haha.

Scores as of 7/28/13: EX.683   TU.688   EQ.???
Message 13 of 15
DontEatMyFriends
Established Member

PRG requirements are to spend 2k within 3 months for 25k pts.  I got mine a few weeks ago and those were the terms.

In the garden until they run out of veggie burgers.
Message 14 of 15
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

My sister approved for BCP after 2 weeks recon........Call the Exe but transfer to new account and they approved after 1 weeks.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.