Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo CLR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo CLR

Got an email yesterday that my Credit Line was under $1000...odd since its over $21000 and nothing on it. Check online and yep they reduced it too $750. Called Wells and they said it was reduced because of info on my Experian CR, he reads off LONG list of reasons(mostly over all credit usage high, usage on cards too high etc) and I say uhuh my scores last I checked were in the 790 range check it again so he does(hard pull, grrrr) and said your right the data in the report is prefectly fine but the FACTORS listed are not right. I got my line restored and he sugested I pull experian since it could happen again. I did(their score had me at 749) and all it had on my pull factors wise was one card near maxed(0% offer) and high number of inquries(12...half nearly 2 yearts old) so I have no idea what happened. But be forwarned...Im betting even a temporary high usage of credit will be used as an excuse to make your lines plummet, even if its not even true (oh my over all credit usage about 12% I think).
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo CLR

@Anonymous wrote:
Got an email yesterday that my Credit Line was under $1000...odd since its over $21000 and nothing on it. Check online and yep they reduced it too $750. Called Wells and they said it was reduced because of info on my Experian CR, he reads off LONG list of reasons(mostly over all credit usage high, usage on cards too high etc) and I say uhuh my scores last I checked were in the 790 range check it again so he does(hard pull, grrrr) and said your right the data in the report is prefectly fine but the FACTORS listed are not right. I got my line restored and he sugested I pull experian since it could happen again. I did(their score had me at 749) and all it had on my pull factors wise was one card near maxed(0% offer) and high number of inquries(12...half nearly 2 yearts old) so I have no idea what happened. But be forwarned...Im betting even a temporary high usage of credit will be used as an excuse to make your lines plummet, even if its not even true (oh my over all credit usage about 12% I think).

congrats on the restoral!

2 quick notes:  the EX score you pulled is a FAKO if pulled after mid-Feb this year and is not reliable.

the reasons on FAKO reports are to be ignored, although something like high balances it may duly note.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

All these scary news. I had to look at my WF card immediately, but nothing has happened... yet. I don't want to upset them in any way, because it's by far my oldest card.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I know its to be ignored...but apperently Wells didnt ingnore it.Smiley Mad
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.