Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Inside info...

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Inside info...

In regards to personal finance, it's generally accepted to NEVER exceed 50% dti...

There is what is called "front end" dti
And "back end" dti..
I think this is right. It's been a while since I had that class. One measure just includes mortgage,
The other includes all "consumer debt" min pmts and installment loan payments.

I feel like a mortgage would limit my credit limits LOL. Having a mortgage sounds horrible!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 13
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Question for the OP:

I have a Wells Fargo Platinum Visa and I also have a mortgage with WF.  I'm sitting at $7K CLI on the card, have had it a while, only one CLI. 

Does WF do auto-CLI in conjunction with looking at other accounts such as a mortgage, and granting CLI based upon having multiple accounts with WF?  Or do they take more of a "big picture" approach and look at just scores and credit report? 

Message 12 of 13
zeusta20
Established Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

Question for the OP:

I have a Wells Fargo Platinum Visa and I also have a mortgage with WF.  I'm sitting at $7K CLI on the card, have had it a while, only one CLI. 

Does WF do auto-CLI in conjunction with looking at other accounts such as a mortgage, and granting CLI based upon having multiple accounts with WF?  Or do they take more of a "big picture" approach and look at just scores and credit report? 

Wells Fargo is pretty big on relationships. There's credit cards that would get declined due to lack of recent deposits in WF chk account, or lack of relationship with WF, etc. They also like to see activity on the CC too. If you have a high limit, but never use it, WF most likely won't want to give you an auto CLI. So to answer your question, the more of a relationship with WF that you have, and you carry good balances in your current chk and sav account, they'll be more open to CLI. They review every april and october. So thats the time where you wanna have your best activity.

Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Sig-15k
Chase Sapphire Reserve Visa Infinite-10k
Chase Freedom-4k
1st Financial Bank USA-11.4k
USAA Amex-7.5k
USAA Visa Sig-7k
Citi Thank you Preferred-4.8k
Citi Diamond-2k
Amex Gold-NPSL

FICO8-11/2017
EX: 737
EQ: 722
TU: 735
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.