cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Platinum Master Card anyone have one?

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Platinum Master Card anyone have one?

@B335is wrote:

Is a banking relationship required for Wells Fargo credit cards?

Your chances of getting approved are greater also you can apply online if you have a banking relationship, if you dont have a relationship then you must apply at a branch not sure if also over the phone. 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 11 of 24
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Your chances of getting approved are greater also you can apply online if you have a banking relationship, if you dont have a relationship then you must apply at a branch not sure if also over the phone. 

They don't have branches near me so I guess I'm counted out Smiley Sad  I heard they may roll out better cards later this year.

Message 12 of 24
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Maybe you can apply over phone? You could give them a call and ask, and yes hopefully they rool em out soon.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 13 of 24
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:

No but Ron1 apped as was denied just because he had no banking relationship with them.

Message 14 of 24
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@gdale6 wrote:

I never had a CC from WF but I did bank with them a few years ago, if I remember you can design your own card with them and it did include any CCs at the time.

Yes you can but I didint knoe they had MC cardholders.

They did when I was banking with them, they must have gotten a better deal to switch to Visa. I did originally miss that point in my first reply.

Message 15 of 24
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

@mnavas wrote:

Ok so I work at a hotel and see a good variety of CCs while checking guest in and today is my second time I see a WF Mastercard which looks really nice on that grey plain card like shown in my siggy. Was this an old product offered by WF a while back? Anyone have it? 

I never have seen a WF mastercard version. I saw a WF AMEX a couple of day ago but anyway i don't like Wells Fargo they have such a lousy rewards program.

Hey mnavas! Ive seen 2 already and it looks just like the regular VISA Platinum but with a MC logo instead. And true about their rewards.

Hey bears! Yeah i haven't seen that WF Mastercard Version, Hopefully they will come up with a better rewards program down the line, if they don't just ditch that card and get a Chase Freedom, Discover it and an AMEX BCE they're my favorite and believe me you won't miss Wells Fargo at all

Message 16 of 24
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

B335is: I have a WF Rewards Visa-but I don't have a banking relationship with them. i got my card last January through a mail offer-go figure. I have been financing my car through WF Dealer Services for the past year, but was told after I got the loan and wanted to apply for a CC that the car financing is seperate from the regular banking and doesn't count.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 17 of 24
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

B335is: I have a WF Rewards Visa-but I don't have a banking relationship with them. i got my card last January through a mail offer-go figure. I have been financing my car through WF Dealer Services for the past year, but was told after I got the loan and wanted to apply for a CC that the car financing is seperate from the regular banking and doesn't count.

There's only 1 entry from MI in the pulls (TU), which would be nice as I have lower inq.  I wish they had pre-approval link on the website.  I should probably wait for them to find me Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 24
dilettante
Established Contributor

I have a Wells Fargo Home Rebate Card that was offered when we got a mortgage through them. I also have a checking account with them. IIRC, they just offered the card to me, I don't remember ever going through an application process.

Anyway, it's not such a horrible card - not the best, but not horrible. APR 10.65%, 1.35% rebate that gets automatically credited as mortgage principal payment, no AF, cell phone insurance up to $600 2X/year, chip and pin (though primary is chip and sig and FTF is 3%), US based CSR's and auto cli's.

But it's a platinum visa.

Message 19 of 24
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

All I use my wf cc for is free cell phone insurance. I have amex,quicksilver, freddom, or it for most purchases .

What does it cover?

Sorry for late reply here is link to the program haven't had to use it yet.https://www.wellsfargo.com/credit-cards/features/cell-phone-protection/

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.