Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo no good

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wells Fargo no good

@Anonymous wrote:
just so you all know i have had my WF card a few years and don't have any banking relationship with them at all.

Some people do get approved at WF with no banking relationship, but there's plenty of post's on here from upset ops who have great scores, no derogs, no relationship with WF, and are declined strictly based on "no relationship". So WF is a bit strange. Some get approved, while others are declined. In my case, I have no doubt I would've been declined for the Propel if I didn't have a banking relationship with WF. My secured card was only 3 month's old, but I was doing alot of banking with them since the day I started with them in Feb. 

Message 21 of 24
parkbuilder
Regular Contributor

I despise Wells Fargo! I've used them for our finances for over 10 years. We direct deposit all of our income, have never had an overdraft, yet they would not approve an auto loan or credit card. I signed up with a credit union who gave me a new auto loan for up to $40k, refinanced my wife's vehicle which saved me $150 per month, and gave me a $5000 platimum Visa Rewards card. Suck it, Wells Fargo...

Starting Score: TU 649 EX 632 EQ 603(6/15)
Current Score: TU 664 EX 666 EQ 637 (9/15)
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@corymcd88 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Was this card a Secured Card for 300 at one time, that was later unsecured?

Yes, it was.

Ok, well in my case I had a 700 secured Wells Card at one time and it unsecured.  It wouldn't ever get a CLI.  I closed it and applied for another Wells card and was granted a 3K credit line.  I think even though they unsecured the card, they still treat the account as second class.  If your Experian is clean now of any CO, CA, Judgements, etc that is what I would do IF you want to keep Wells Fargo in your wallet.  Otherwise I would use the Hard Pull on another lender.  

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

wells fargo doesn't offer that great of cards. maybe i just have a crappy one (the platinum rewards) idk but it isn't worth my wallet space. a have a few receipts that are more useful lol
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.