Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does this mean??!

tag
firstladyd
Contributor

What does this mean??!

So I have been getting alot of offers in the mail (Amex, cities, discover) but don't normally respond because I get denied. I took a leap and applied for discover motivated. I wasn't instantly approved. I checked app status about an hour later and they want me to send a recent utility bill in for address verification. (I receive my mail at a po box so physical address is different. Po box is on CR) Does this mean they are going to approve me or am I getting hopes up for nothing. I currently have 680 E 679 T Fico. 5TL ,AAOA 2 YR, NO DEROGATORY but at 35% usage because of no interest store cards like best buy. What do u think hopes up for nothing or got a good shot?

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: TU 734 Walmart EQ 704 FICO EX 721
Goal Score: 750 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: What does this mean??!

Sounds good to me. They just need to verify the application actually came from you.
Message 2 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Yup, sounds like you're approved!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Shogun wrote:

Yup, sounds like you're approved!

+1

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Sounds approved!!!! Typically they only do addy verification if you have some type of a fraud alert on your reports or something like lifelock....

But they wouldnt go through the trouble to deny you!!! Let us know how it goes :-) I just got my Discover Motiva earlier this month... They have 100 card designs.. I got the NYC Skyline one.... Have fun getting your new Discover :-D
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 9
JonStur
Established Contributor

Yea they're just trying to verify your info..

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 6 of 9
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Fax them oemail them the info then call them to confirm everything else if they need......sound like you approved but they just wanna confirm your info.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 7 of 9
firstladyd
Contributor

Update**** Wow!! Thank you all for advice and tips you post. I did call Discover and I am approved. I am so excited!! I was so nervous and have been waiting and waiting to apply. Not really sure what I got into me to apply now but so glad I did now. I was going to wait till I got my utilization down and wait till after holidays. I am SO ecstatic. I have store cards and 1 cap 1 secured card with a low 300 limit. I am really floored and no one else seems to understand my excitement. Amex next year here I come!!

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: TU 734 Walmart EQ 704 FICO EX 721
Goal Score: 750 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 9
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

congrats

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.