Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the deal with Chase???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the deal with Chase???

Eight months and no Auto ❤️??? Lowest limit of all my cards, $500. Feel like I'm in High School! 😤😤😤 Refuse to submit to a hp and then get a $200 cli, or worse...declined!!! Gardening until winter, 2018. I'll be apping for the CSP as soon as I get out!!! How's that for hipocracy!?! 😜😝😜
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Re: What's the deal with Chase???

How much spend are you placing on the card? Charge over the limit a few times and pay down the balance, that should increase your chances of an unsolicited CLI. 

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Give them a while longer; my auto CLI did not happen until month 9. Also, you can update your income on your online account management:

Main Menu (the three horizontal lines at the top left)

Profile & Settings

Income

I am not saying this will guarantee a CLI, but sometimes banks like to see if you have had any raises or income changes since you were approved. 

Message 3 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Some people will never get an auto CLI from chase even with stellar profiles and incomes to support while some others see it... Its is what you call Chase, just like no APR reductions.. They do have some of the best cards out there though as far as rewards so what is one to do.

Message 4 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CHASE- Chasing the cli dream

Or is it...

Dreaming the CHASE foreverSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 17
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

I'd say it's likely you won't ever see an auto CLI from Chase with an 8 month old $500 limit card.

I have one that's $5500 that was carried over from WAMU during the crisis and it's never went up either by waiting or by request.  It did drop the APR though from 22% to 17% a year or so ago for no reason that I'm aware of since they didn't send me anything saying they did so.

On the flip side though purging, pruning, and maintenance I decided to test a theory of bucketing and where you start is where you stay with the coding on your card in their systems.  I went for the FU and got $25.9K out of them instantly.  Then went for BOA after many years w/o them and got a $10K approval which seems par for the course as well.  

So, whatever is going on with your profile from the past to now is going to need to be cleaned up a bit more.  When it's ideal then you apply for something new and move the CL to the new card and you'll be well on your way to the proverbial auto CLI from Chase with the newly coded account.  

Message 6 of 17
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Yup.

I'm on month 24 with my same $500 SL.

Good luck Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 17
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@-Cal- wrote:

How much spend are you placing on the card? Charge over the limit a few times and pay down the balance, that should increase your chances of an unsolicited CLI. 

I woudn't ever allow my balance to go over the limit. But you can certainly charge more than $500 in a month if you make multiple payments.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since Chase always reports a mid-cycle PIF to the CBs, I'm going to let 99% report every month and PIF the day after statement cuts.  I'll even try some over-the-limit charges later if the 99% doesn't help raise my $500 toy card limit.

I do expect to apply for a new Chase card every 6 months or so if preapproved and combine accounts.  I know that the Disney and AARP cards are well known for being useful for this purpose, and I'm sure there are other co-branded cards that may bypass 5/24 that will let me increase my CL on my FU card for now.  If I am preapproved for a regular 5% Freedom I'll snag that next, just to have both cards in my arsenal, but otherwise it'll be cobranded cards that I can use to combine CLs to bump me up.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeavenOhio wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

I woudn't ever allow my balance to go over the limit. But you can certainly charge more than $500 in a month if you make multiple payments.

Yeah, I'm not trying to give overlimit fees to Chase or anyone else.  I've been running up the card (which isn't hard to do) for the last month or so, so we'll see what happens.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.