Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your Discover CL?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What's your Discover CL?

My CL is 4300.

I talked to a CSR last month and learned that even with a hard pull, they'll not give new credit lines over 12k and no increases more than 2k at a time.

SUCK

But it is my main card because of rewards.

Message 31 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

$0. They won't give me a card. Smiley Happy
Message 32 of 45
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My CL is 4300.

I talked to a CSR last month and learned that even with a hard pull, they'll not give new credit lines over 12k and no increases more than 2k at a time.

But it is my main card because of rewards.

New = $12K / Max = $16K is what has been posted here.

If they will give me $2K more on a soft pull that would be fine.

Message 33 of 45
DI
Super Contributor

I'm happy to know a CLI initiated by the consumer with Discover will result in a hard pull.  I will wait until Discover increases my limits itself. I don't want any inquiries.
Message 34 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover Student Open Road Card

$250 Credit Limit. Approved 8/3/2009

This is my lowest CL of my cards.  I also was approved for the Barclaycard Ituns card with a 1000 CL 11.74% APR at the same time.  Hopefully Discover grows well.

Needed something to replace my WAMU card after Chase closed my WAMU for "Too short credit history"

07/04/2009  TU: 682 EX: 643 EQ: 627 (All TrueCredit FACO) 

Message 35 of 45
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@DI wrote:
I'm happy to know a CLI initiated by the consumer with Discover will result in a hard pull.  I will wait until Discover increases my limits itself. I don't want any inquiries.

It may result in a hard INQ and only if you actually speak to a rep. You can sniff around for a CLI without doing that.

Message 36 of 45
cobaltnv
Established Contributor

@DI wrote:
I received a CLI of $2400 ($9600 to $12k) a couple of weeks ago without a hard pull.

TU 810: EQ 813: EX 814 (9/16/09--Loan officer pull)

Helpful Threads
Frequently Requested Threads
Understanding your Fico Score
Message 37 of 45
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

cobaltnv wrote:

I received a CLI of $2400 ($9600 to $12k) a couple of weeks ago without a hard pull.

With or without speaking to a rep?

Message 38 of 45
FantumGrey
Regular Contributor

I've had a Discover More card since 12/2007 with a starting CL of $5000. Only received two CLIs, one per year for $1500 each using their automated phone system...CL is now $8000 as of last month.

Message 39 of 45
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Open 05/08

7500 - 9000 - 10800. All CLI's via automated system

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.