Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 360
Registered: ‎10-17-2012
0

Witness protection program?

I know that people have to relocate and will get a new SSN when they join the witneww protection program. Does that mean they will lose their credit history and all credit cards? 

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,507
Registered: ‎07-24-2011
0

Re: Witness protection program?

I would say that yes, they would have to get all new ID's, SSN#, etc., otherwise they can be traced and found.  That would mean that they are no longer in the WPP!

 

Just curious, ummm are you on your way in the program? Woman LOL.


Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Super Contributor
Posts: 14,902
Registered: ‎04-22-2013
0

Re: Witness protection program?


w20031424 wrote:

I know that people have to relocate and will get a new SSN when they join the witneww protection program. Does that mean they will lose their credit history and all credit cards? 


Yes, and obviously that would be the #1 concern of someone in the program!

 

Since they have to create fake histories for a lot of things, wouldn't surprise me if they create a fake credit history as well.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 360
Registered: ‎10-17-2012
0

Re: Witness protection program?


longtimelurker wrote:

w20031424 wrote:

I know that people have to relocate and will get a new SSN when they join the witneww protection program. Does that mean they will lose their credit history and all credit cards? 


Yes, and obviously that would be the #1 concern of someone in the program!

 

Since they have to create fake histories for a lot of things, wouldn't surprise me if they create a fake credit history as well.


Hmmm... Maybe they can backdate the Amex membership a bit or clean some baddies.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Super Contributor
Posts: 14,902
Registered: ‎04-22-2013
0

Re: Witness protection program?


w20031424 wrote:

longtimelurker wrote:

w20031424 wrote:

I know that people have to relocate and will get a new SSN when they join the witneww protection program. Does that mean they will lose their credit history and all credit cards? 


Yes, and obviously that would be the #1 concern of someone in the program!

 

Since they have to create fake histories for a lot of things, wouldn't surprise me if they create a fake credit history as well.


Hmmm... Maybe they can backdate the Amex membership a bit or clean some baddies.


Well, it's certainly one strategy to get a new credit report, get in with some major criminals and betray them to law enforcement.   Perhaps a tiny bit more risky than gardening?

 

Also, if the marshalls don't like you (because you are a criminal literally getting away with murder) I wouldn't be surprised if they added some 120 day lates to your new CR out of spite!

Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,453
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Witness protection program?

@longtimelurker LMAO!



EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,145
Registered: ‎04-13-2013
0

Re: Witness protection program?


longtimelurker wrote:

w20031424 wrote:



Hmmm... Maybe they can backdate the Amex membership a bit or clean some baddies.


Well, it's certainly one strategy to get a new credit report, get in with some major criminals and betray them to law enforcement.   Perhaps a tiny bit more risky than gardening?

 

Also, if the marshalls don't like you (because you are a criminal literally getting away with murder) I wouldn't be surprised if they added some 120 day lates to your new CR out of spite!



Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Mega Contributor
Posts: 15,453
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Witness protection program?

I'm starting to worry about this OP.......................

 

First the Witness Protection Program now Gangster as profession on apps. 

 




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 360
Registered: ‎10-17-2012
0

Re: Witness protection program?


LS2982 wrote:

I'm starting to worry about this OP.......................

 

First the Witness Protection Program now Gangster as profession on apps. 

 


Actually.. I'm also curious that can credit cards be used inside of jail? Can they mail order stuff with their CCs?

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Established Contributor
Posts: 624
Registered: ‎09-10-2012
0

Re: Witness protection program?

[ Edited ]

w20031424 wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

I'm starting to worry about this OP.......................

 

First the Witness Protection Program now Gangster as profession on apps. 

 


Actually.. I'm also curious that can credit cards be used inside of jail? Can they mail order stuff with their CCs?


Why not, the question will be, if they prison will allow the delivery ...

 

But man, don´t you think you have other problems then credit history, if you are in a witness program? I would.

 

And I would most certainly want absolutely no connection to my earlier life ever ... money (credit) can´t stop a bullet ... at least not all of them. And a dead man can´t use credit, no matter what the CL is ...

Amex Platinum | Discover IT | Amex BCE | Citi DCB | Chase Sapphire Reserve | Chase Sapphire Preferred | CapOne | NFCU goRewards and CLOC | Chase Freedom | Walmart | Alliant CU Visa | Couple of Biz Cards | Gone for good: CapOne secured (thx for getting me started) | Amex Zync (thx for getting me into AX)

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 737/772/752 - Total CL 215+K

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.