Established Contributor
cartercorp

Re: Would closing Orchard and Best Buy cards hurt me?

bott6698 wrote:

These HSBC cards upset me to no end  They gave me a $20 increase per card about 6 months back and I take that as just an insult.

Now that's just an insult.I also have had my B.B.card for 1 yr with no CLI.There is no annual fee on my card so its not that hard for me to hold on to it for a little longer for added history..

Established Contributor
cartercorp

Itsmeagain wrote:
Store card just increased my CL from $4200 to $8400. 

Wow at this rate it will take me decades to see a limit like that from BB........

Established Contributor
Itsmeagain

cartercorp wrote:
Wow at this rate it will take me decades to see a limit like that from BB........

Run it up to close to the max during the month and then PIF before the statement cuts.  Next month ask for a CLI  They like to see lots of usage.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+