Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zync approval!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Zync approval!!!!

Thanks. I am pretty excited about the white amex card. 2011 all the way. It will be nice in the furture to have the backdating.

I am currently only 19 so I am surprise Amex approved me and Citi approved me twice. Better to start building credit now while in school than to not have it at all when I get out.

Message 11 of 20
vish1
Valued Contributor

@kilpela wrote:

Thanks. I am pretty excited about the white amex card. 2011 all the way. It will be nice in the furture to have the backdating.

I am currently only 19 so I am surprise Amex approved me and Citi approved me twice. Better to start building credit now while in school than to not have it at all when I get out.

Do you have other cards in your mind that you want to have in your portfolio? If you do and they are not too tough to get, now may be the time to get them so that when you come out of school, you have a strong AAoA and nearly no inq history. Even if you end up in a wasted inq or something, it wont really hurt you much as by the time you are out of school it will fall off.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vish1 wrote:

@kilpela wrote:

Do you have other cards in your mind that you want to have in your portfolio? If you do and they are not too tough to get, now may be the time to get them so that when you come out of school, you have a strong AAoA and nearly no inq history. Even if you end up in a wasted inq or something, it wont really hurt you much as by the time you are out of school it will fall off.

I do not have an other cards in mind. I have the Citi Forward and the  Citi dividend Platinum Select Visa and of course the zync. Do you have other recommendations for a no fee, grow with me card.

Message 13 of 20
vish1
Valued Contributor

Chase freedom might be a good one if you get it. Nice 5% on revolving categories. No AF

If you are not looking to app something for a few months, you can take an inq, it wont hurt u for any practical reasons.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vish1 wrote:

Chase freedom might be a good one if you get it. Nice 5% on revolving categories. No AF

If you are not looking to app something for a few months, you can take an inq, it wont hurt u for any practical reasons.

I'll consider it. Not sure yet.

Message 15 of 20
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@kilpela wrote:

@vish1 wrote:

Changing your mind????Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused wrote:

@kilpela wrote:

@vish1 wrote:

Changing your mind????Smiley Very Happy

I don't think so maybe after a few months or so. I am ok for now anyways.

Message 17 of 20
chan85
Established Contributor

@kilpela wrote:

Ok so here is what happened, I app'ed for the Zync and was approved! I am excited. No more apping until I am 21 atleast. I have two citi cards and now the Zync. I am excited. No more spontanious app'ing. (Atleast I don't spontaniously spend.)

I am an Amex member!

Congrats! I got approved for mine too last week. I was worried about the preset 250 limit too. I called and they just kept saying no its a charge card. I got my card this week and set it up online and no preset limit so I was able to put my tuition on it with no problem!

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your experience. I wasn't too worried about the limit as I don't think I will average more than 250 each month. And thats if I run everything through this.

I wanted into the Amex family for the most part. The backdating will help in the future.
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

It came in the mail today. I am pleased!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.