Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a copy of Credit Report for new CC

tag
AMTB
Valued Member

a copy of Credit Report for new CC

I got approved for AMEX BCE not long ago and had just received the card in the mail. However, there was no mentioning of credit score or CRA info. is it possible to request a copy of the report with the score that AMEX HPed free of charge?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: a copy of Credit Report for new CC

Not if you got the best APR rates.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 18
AMTB
Valued Member

does the best APR vary by app? I got introductory 0% APR for a few months, not sure if this means I have the best APR or not
Message 3 of 18
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@AMTB wrote:
does the best APR vary by app? I got introductory 0% APR for a few months, not sure if this means I have the best APR or not

It does...but your cardmember agreement will mention the APR that will apply after the intro period.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 4 of 18
AMTB
Valued Member

is APR is the only thing we can request report? can we question CL?
Message 5 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@AMTB wrote:
is APR is the only thing we can request report? can we question CL?

What is your APR after your promo ends? You can check online for your APR or look at your statement 

Message 6 of 18
AMTB
Valued Member

says the following online Annual Percentage Rates Sorry about that! It doesn't happen often, but your APR information is unavailable. Please try again later.
Message 7 of 18
keithB
Established Contributor

AMEX APR didn't load for me until my first statement cut.... Maybe the same for you.

@AMTB wrote:
says the following online Annual Percentage Rates Sorry about that! It doesn't happen often, but your APR information is unavailable. Please try again later.

Message 8 of 18
AMTB
Valued Member

Tried to use this card to pay for $30 grocery at the grocery store I go every week and AMEX locks my card. I guess AMEX has a weird way to amuse a new customer...
Message 9 of 18
blu387
Established Member

@AMTB wrote:
Tried to use this card to pay for $30 grocery at the grocery store I go every week and AMEX locks my card. I guess AMEX has a weird way to amuse a new customer...

Solution: Spend less on groceries Smiley Wink

Just kidding of course. AMEX actually blocked on of my first transactions when I got my BCP as well. I think it was a $45 dollar charge, I wanna say it was the 3rd transaction I made with the card. Calling the number on the back of the card got it sorted out right away though. Havne't had an issue since... well... other then the card not swiping at cash registers. Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.