Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

after july 27th non full usaa members are not allowed to get credit cards

tag
johnpalley
Established Contributor

after july 27th non full usaa members are not allowed to get credit cards

this is what they just told me on the phone. even though im not ready yet i had to apply and take a chance cause theres only 4 days left. they told me i would get a response in the next 5 days. do you guys think this is a bad sign with them? if i get rejected do you think i can call and have them reconsider?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: after july 27th non full usaa members are not allowed to get credit cards

Sounds bad, next thing they will do is do away with atm rebates for limited members, but I hope not

Message 2 of 13
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@johnpalley wrote:

this is what they just told me on the phone. even though im not ready yet i had to apply and take a chance cause theres only 4 days left. they told me i would get a response in the next 5 days. do you guys think this is a bad sign with them? if i get rejected do you think i can call and have them reconsider?

Are you currently a limited member?

Message 3 of 13
johnpalley
Established Contributor

ihcole yup. the only thing is i just applied they told me they'l notify me in 5 days. do you think that means most likely im rejected? 

Message 4 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

@johnpalley wrote:

Are you currently a limited member?

I'm limited but have extended family that is USAA but they seem VERY HARD to qualify.... my cousin was told that she can't even give full membership to her mother?? her mom would qualify through her husband but he did not join before he passed away so they told her she couldn't join.

Navy lets family join!! if done online, will USAA kick it out saying not immediate family? I see you can refer someone and it lists cousins and what not... but is that just referring them for "Limited Membership" or would it give full?

Message 5 of 13
johnpalley
Established Contributor

im talkin about the credit card app not becoming a member

Message 6 of 13
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@johnpalley wrote:

im talkin about the credit card app not becoming a member

The reason I ask is that your current relationship with them may be factored into your approval odds.

Message 7 of 13
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

No offense is intended with what I'm about to type.

I've always wished they put their standards back to the way they once were.

Make the ability to join equivilent to NFCU.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 8 of 13
johnpalley
Established Contributor

i hear you ihcole i became a non full member like 2-3 years ago but after that i never did any type of transaction or business with them cause they rejected me for a card. guys what happens if they reject me can i have them reconsider like with other companies?

Message 9 of 13
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@johnpalley wrote:

i hear you ihcole i became a non full member like 2-3 years ago but after that i never did any type of transaction or business with them cause they rejected me for a card

So they rejected you on a cc app 2-3 years ago? Was the message you got back then similar to the one you just got today?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.