cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can anybody explain?

tag
stetsonnrodeo

can anybody explain?

Recently a friend applied for PayPal Credit after already having the paypal mastercard.  This is the denial that came back.  My buddy thought I could decrypt since I am learning from the forum but on this one I'm scratching my head.  Any takers care to educate us?

Certain elements of the transaction vary significantly from typical customer purchase behaviors due to the risk associated with this type of transaction, as well as the time of the day of the transaction.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/2760iB9166C1A493A3CBC
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
b_diddy
Established Contributor

Re: can anybody explain?

@stetsonnrodeo wrote:

Recently a friend applied for PayPal Credit after already having the paypal mastercard.  This is the denial that came back.  My buddy thought I could decrypt since I am learning from the forum but on this one I'm scratching my head.  Any takers care to educate us?

Certain elements of the transaction vary significantly from typical customer purchase behaviors due to the risk associated with this type of transaction, as well as the time of the day of the transaction.

Ah, I've seen this before ... triggered the fraud detection algorithum.  Usually happens when trying to buy something on a retail site at an odd hour over a specified amount, AND app'ing for a TL with them at the same time ... especially if there are info mismatches.

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 2 of 3
stetsonnrodeo

Re: can anybody explain?

thank you for the reply, I hadn't thought of that. I wonder if a vpn program would throw up red flags too.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/2760iB9166C1A493A3CBC
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.