Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delta sky miles question

tag
compassion101
Established Contributor

delta sky miles question

So I got this card and in addition to the 50k miles there is a $50 statement credit when you make a purchase from Delta. Anybody else know where I can make an inexpensive Delta purchase? I don't need to book a flight or hotel right now, I was on delta.com but the only other things i see you can order is in flight wifi. Isn't there like a delta pillow or something i can order from somewhere?  

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: delta sky miles question

Gift card or e-certificate.  You can use it later.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@compassion101 wrote:

So I got this card and in addition to the 50k miles there is a $50 statement credit when you make a purchase from Delta. Anybody else know where I can make an inexpensive Delta purchase? I don't need to book a flight or hotel right now, I was on delta.com but the only other things i see you can order is in flight wifi. Isn't there like a delta pillow or something i can order from somewhere?  

Wow! How did you get 50k miles? you must have the offer that ended 6/1. What a great deal! I just got the 35k myself.

I am going to purchase a gift card too. But I will be super sad if I miss out on half of my $200 from PRG for incidentals. $100/ calender year.

The delta gift card would be great for fuel surcharges for rewards travel.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Gift card or e-certificate.  You can use it later.

This^^^^^^....  You should do just that.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the gift card worked for me as well.

Took a few days for the statement credit, I believe.

Message 5 of 15
compassion101
Established Contributor

The gift card it is, thanks.

Message 6 of 15
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@compassion101 wrote:

Wow! How did you get 50k miles? you must have the offer that ended 6/1. What a great deal! I just got the 35k myself.

I am going to purchase a gift card too. But I will be super sad if I miss out on half of my $200 from PRG for incidentals. $100/ calender year.

the 50k offer is available almost year round. You get it any time you fly delta, and I get emails for it all the time. Smiley Tongue 

Message 7 of 15
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@compassion101 wrote:

the 50k offer is available almost year round. You get it any time you fly delta, and I get emails for it all the time. Smiley Tongue 

Do you have a link for the 50K offer?

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 8 of 15
icyhot
Valued Contributor

How long after you get approved do you have to make the Delta purchase? Or is it just the first Delta purchase?
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

first 90 days i believe
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.