Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting my score up

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

getting my score up

does it matter if i pay off my credit card  early like if  i have 300 hundred  dollars credit  and i  spend 150 could i pay it back that next week i should i wait  intil the bill come at the end of month for my score to go up?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: getting my score up

If you want your CC to report a $0 balance, you need to make sure you have a $0 balance showing on the CC typically right before (1-2 days) the statement date. There are CCs like HSBC/Orchard that are exceptions to that rule.
Message 2 of 6
jbh
Established Contributor

What are the exceptions for Orchard Bank?

Thanks
Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

jbh wrote:

Thanks

They report your CC balance that was with them on the last business day of the month and report that typically a week or two after that. YMMV. I have an Orchard and they haven't reported every month for myself.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:

@jbh wrote:

Thanks

They report your CC balance that was with them on the last business day of the month and report that typically a week or two after that. YMMV. I have an Orchard and they haven't reported every month for myself.

So, to have Orchard report a $0 balance, pay a few days before the last day of the month?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@llecs wrote:

@jbh wrote:

Thanks

So, to have Orchard report a $0 balance, pay a few days before the last day of the month?

Yes.  Although my experience with Orchard has been different than llecs'.  They do report the balance as of the last business day of the month, but for me they actually report on that date, as well, not a week or two later.

Moving this thread to Credit Cards Forum, since it really is all about CCs.

Message Edited by cheddar on 07-27-2008 04:12 PM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.