cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

has anyone tried swapping limits on synchrony backed cards?

tag
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

has anyone tried swapping limits on synchrony backed cards?

I recently opened a lowes account since we shop there all the time working on our new home... the constant 5% savings will be nice. When I got approved, it was only for $800... which is basically a waste, because that wont even cover most costs of the constant work I'm doing to my house. I'll have to make multiple payments and buy little by little to get the discount.

I have one other synchrony backed wal mart card with a $6300 limit and no balance, I was wondering if they would close that card and put the limit on my new lowes account since I dont even use the wal mart card?

anyone ever tried this?

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: has anyone tried swapping limits on synchrony backed cards?

This guy has got better odds. Why not call them?

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jcstarkey8826 wrote:

I recently opened a lowes account since we shop there all the time working on our new home... the constant 5% savings will be nice. When I got approved, it was only for $800... which is basically a waste, because that wont even cover most costs of the constant work I'm doing to my house. I'll have to make multiple payments and buy little by little to get the discount.

I have one other synchrony backed wal mart card with a $6300 limit and no balance, I was wondering if they would close that card and put the limit on my new lowes account since I dont even use the wal mart card?

anyone ever tried this?

Chat with credit solutions and see if they will bump you up. Lots of $17k plus Lowes accounts here.

Message 3 of 13
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

this answer is no..period... they won't do that.
Message 4 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:
this answer is no..period... they won't do that.

Agreed

Message 5 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I imagine Synchrony's retail partners would be rather upset if Synchrony were to start arbitrarily moving CLs from one retail account to another.

That being said, just give Lowe's (Synchrony Credit Solutions) a call.  Lots of folks have found them to be quite accommodating, even for new accounts.

Message 6 of 13
ddemari
Super Contributor

No period is right
Message 7 of 13
elim
Senior Contributor

call now, ask for 25k for kitchen remodel (or whatever you are doing), report back in 7 or 8 minutes.

Credit Solutions 877-379-8173

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 for calling Credit Solutions.  I am one of the $17K Lowes cardholders.  Started out in November of 2014 with a paltry $300SL, Feb of 2015 a call to CS bumped it up to $6500 (asked for $10K).  Called again in April of 2015, bumped again to $12K after asking for $15K.  And finally here in June of 2015, I asked for $25K and was bumped to $17K.  The CSR's at Credit Solutions are always very nice, and being in India (or wherever they are) they really don't care what your reason for asking for a CLI is.  Just call up, shoot for the moon, and you'll either get it, they will counter, or just flat decline.  

Message 9 of 13
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

As others said call credit solutions from backdoor numbers ask for a $25k CLI. they will counter should be a SP. Good Luck!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/m-p/408066

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.