Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moms maxed out the card:(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: moms maxed out the card:(

@Anonymous wrote:

Providing that your other cards are under 30%, having 1 card at 100% probably ding your score 50 points or more. Removing yourself from the card will fix your ultilization and FICO as ultilization has no memory (as you probably already know, it will take a month or so for the creditor to report though)/

Nope.

Wife's card showed up at 93% and knocked me down 3-5pts on all 3

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope it will be the same for OP then.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Providing that your other cards are under 30%, having 1 card at 100% probably ding your score 50 points or more. Removing yourself from the card will fix your ultilization and FICO as ultilization has no memory (as you probably already know, it will take a month or so for the creditor to report though)/

Nope.

Wife's card showed up at 93% and knocked me down 3-5pts on all 3

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much is the limit on your moms card? How much are the limits on your cards. What is the balance on your moms card and on your cards?

Having one card st 90% utilization is ok if your other cards utilization is low balancing out your overall utilization to 15-20%.

You really need more high limit cards to overcome the affect on one cards high usage, but with a score in the middle 600's that is kinda tough.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.