Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

walmart CLI increase?

tag
keikdasneak
Regular Contributor

walmart CLI increase?

I have 5 statements now with my walmart card My CL is $500, if i ask for an increase online do they do a hard pull ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: walmart CLI increase?

No it's never a hard pull.  I've gotten 3 CLI by hitting the luv button over the past year in a half.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm thinking they always do a soft pull on me once I have an account with them, IIRC. Wait for someone else to reply, though! They have been super good about CLi. Wish Target would take their lead.

Message 3 of 17
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

I have many store cards issued by GEMB (Walmart, Chevron, JC Pennys, and a couple more) and they have never pulled hard on my CR's 

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 4 of 17
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

my walmart discover recently went from 1000 to 4000 when gemb moved their operations from texas to orlando. but i was constantly requesting a cli, and when they moved their operations, i was approved for an increase.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its always been soft for me, $75-$100 CLI every 4 months..like clockwork.

Message 6 of 17
prolificjinx23
Frequent Contributor

When hubby received his Walmart card it started at $150 limit. 4 months later They gave him a CLI of $650 bringing it up to $800.

Starting Scores: EQ 447 (01/02/2017), TU 476 (01/02/2017), EX 456 (01/02/2017)
Current Scores: FICO 08's as of 12/12/2019: EQ 584, TU 702, EX 631
Goal Scores: ABOVE 800 ALL 3
Current Cards: CapOne QS1 $500, Walmart SC $500, Discover It $750, Amazon Prime SC $900, CareCredit $2,000, NFCU CashRewards $10,000 and NOT APPING until 04/2020....

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 17
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

It's always a soft pull, or rather, they're going on whatever soft pull they already have on file (electronically) for you.  The way this is evident is:  The answer is given to you less than 1 second after pressing the button.  No company can do a hard pull and analyze it, even automatcially, in less than 1 second.  It seems to me that they already have increases authorized to be given out noted on  your account at all times (or maybe no increase authorized) and when you press the button, you get the result back.

Sometimes they don't give out increases and it's hard to know why.  I've gotten dozens of increases on my small collection of GEMB cards, but recently I've hit the button on 2 or 3 of them and got identical rejection letters in the mail.  Again, the rejection was given within one second.  My husband has the Walmart card, not me, and he has gotten increases (they sometimes give them out without you having to ask, by the way), but Walmart's CLIs are notoriously small and in strange amounts, so don't be insulted if they give you a $75 increase or something like that.  Good luck and don't be afraid, it's never a hard pull!

Not applicable

I have received a total of two statements from walmart. I requested an increase online shortly after getting the second statement but was denied. I logged onto my account today and noticed that i received an increase of $550-I am not due for my third statement yet. So maybe the request actually prompted them to actually review my credit although i received the online message about not having my account long enough. Its worth a shot!

Message 9 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@keikdasneak wrote:

I have 5 statements now with my walmart card My CL is $500, if i ask for an increase online do they do a hard pull ?

Thanks

It should be a SP.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.