Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

walmart WARNING!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

walmart WARNING!

appiled on 03/04/2011.. got 7-10 day notice. never got a letter. called in & they could not tell me why I was denied, would not explain anything, said they could not send another letter unless I re-applied? what a waste of an inq. my cousin also applied 2 days after I did, and he have not yet recieved a letter either. He has called 8 times with no luck. just thought I should let everyone know!!!! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Smug
Established Contributor

Re: walmart WARNING!

How is this a warning?
I was given the the same they called me and ended up with 2 walmart cards.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 2 of 8
Mzvanessa
Contributor

They didn't send me a letter either but I did get an email from them Saturday telling me to log in with the application number, and I did and they let you know if you where approved or not. So watch for an email from them I applied last weekend and got the email yesterday from them. I was denied and the letter was there it didn't make sense to me why they denied me but I,m ok.Smiley Wink

TU: Fico 678 6-19-13 677 8/23/13
EQ: Fico 665 7-5-13 665 8/23/13
EX: Fico 681 Lender pulled 8/23/13

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry if u don't understand but it's a " warning" to warn other people maybe they should apply in the store instead of online
Message 4 of 8
vish1
Valued Contributor

you wont get a reason for decline in store either and can get the same 7-10 days message in the store also...

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 5 of 8
jason10
New Contributor

I thought the credit card companies were obligated to provide a list of reasons for your denial + the CRA they pulled. The FCRA then gives you the option of pulling a free credit report from the bureau so that you can verify the basis for your denial.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah but it seems MAYBE walmart might send us out a letter if we applied in store.... its not only me but alot of other people whom I know both personally and on here, applied online & never recieved a letter.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

yeah but it seems MAYBE walmart might send us out a letter if we applied in store.... its not only me but alot of other people whom I know both personally and on here, applied online & never recieved a letter.

Did you opt into their e-mail or online notification?

Every creditor must provide an ECOA notice on any adverse credit decision.  You can look up the ECOA and see if it calls for civil penalties.  If it does, you can get some beer money from them.  Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.