cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2023 Free FICO Scores Locations - DCU, NASA, etc.

tag
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: 2023 Free FICO Scores Locations - DCU, NASA, etc.

DCU provides your FICO 5 score.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 31 of 42
butterpecan
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymalous It is not a footnote it is my monthly score in my messages from DCU. I cut out the bottom in the pic. Here is the full view score and all. It is clearly EQ FICO 4.  

Screenshot_20240323_101640_DCU.jpg

Message 32 of 42
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

@butterpecan, it still looks like a footnote. And the evidence against DCU providing EQ 4 is very strong. The page I linked in my previous post is an official publication of MyFICO, who create all the different FICO scores, and shows all the FICO score variants they currently provide. And Equifax FICO 4 is notably absent. The evidence in favor of DCU providing EQ 5, which is a score that's still supported (it's the EQ mortage score), isn't quite as a authoritative or direct, but there are multiple external and possibly independent sources that assert it.

Message 33 of 42
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymalous I may give them a call to ask. I've been with them for years (local to me). I've always thought the score is EQ04. Maybe something has changed over the years but as far as I've know, their requirement for their best auto loan rate is an EQ04 score of 680 or higher. I'm now wondering what score I'm looking at monthly. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 34 of 42
FicoMike0
Regular Contributor

I think it's a footnote too. I emailed them and got a nonsense non answer.  If you get a straight answer by phone, please post it.

Message 35 of 42
PayAndProsper
Regular Contributor

@butterpecan  escribió:

@Anonymalous It is not a footnote it is my monthly score in my messages from DCU. I cut out the bottom in the pic. Here is the full view score and all. It is clearly EQ FICO 4.  

Screenshot_20240323_101640_DCU.jpg

Hey there @butterpecan! I think you may be slightly onfused as to what they mean by "footnote".

Please note that the picture you posted says "FICO® Score" and not "FICO® Score 4". That small, raised-height 4 indicates it is a footnote reference (like the "¹" in "February 23, 2024¹"). In order to see what should be considered at that point, one must scroll to the bottom of the page to see what it says in the footonotes next to the corresponding numbers. This is done so as to not distract you with this added information in the original context, but still provide the information with a reference point to the reader.

This is, indeed, a footnote reference, and not an indication that the FICO® Score 4 is being provided. To further aid, being a member of DCU, as well, I will include the footnote with the reference that you would see if you continue to read to the bottom of that secure message. The "¹" in "February 23, 2024¹" and the "⁴" in "FICO® Score" refer to the "¹" and "⁴" in the attached image. 

DCU.jpg

I Hope that helps!

Utilization Stats:

Current FICO® Score 8:

Goal FICO® Score 8:

Financial Institutions:

Message 36 of 42
PayAndProsper
Regular Contributor

@masscredit  escribió:

I get my EQ08 score here and EX08 score from Experiean. Trying to find a source for my TU08. I burned Discover in my BK.  I recently logged in to see if I still have access to it. Nope. That option is out. Barclay also got burned so no luck there either. 

My BoA secured card in my profile was obtained almost exclusively for the monthly TransUnion FICO Score 8. You could also do the whole "repeated free Ex[erian trial"  thing. Just remember to cancel the membership before the monthly fee kicks in.

Utilization Stats:

Current FICO® Score 8:

Goal FICO® Score 8:

Financial Institutions:

Message 37 of 42
PayAndProsper
Regular Contributor

@iowe  escribió:

For free Fico 8's, download each of these apps if you have accounts with them. These all update only once per month though I believe. 

Discover app for Transunion 08 ( score will be in the "Free Credit Scorecard" button after logging in) 

Myfico app for Equifax 08  

Experian app for Experian 08 

The TransUnion FICO® Score 8 provided by the Discover card only updates once a month, but the Experian and myFICO scores update whenever there is a score change. Experian also allows for you to pull the updated Experian credit report whenever there is a score change. myFICO, however, only allows a free Equifax credit report once every 30 days.

Utilization Stats:

Current FICO® Score 8:

Goal FICO® Score 8:

Financial Institutions:

Message 38 of 42
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I called DCU today. The person I spoke with did some research and found that it is a EQ05 score. 

Side note - a EQ04 score of 680 used to be needed for the best auto loan rates. I asked about that while I was talking to her. She looked told me 730 will now get the best rate. She didn't know which score verion they use for this.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 39 of 42
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

@Anonymalous I may give them a call to ask. I've been with them for years (local to me). I've always thought the score is EQ04. Maybe something has changed over the years but as far as I've know, their requirement for their best auto loan rate is an EQ04 score of 680 or higher. I'm now wondering what score I'm looking at monthly. 

As I mentioned upthread DCU provides FICO 5.  FICO 5 uses Equifax data.

FICO 4 scoring is based off of Transunion data.  FICO 2 scoring is based off of Experian data.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.