Regular Contributor
JonRun

Re: AAoA question!?

So, if I opened an account in June 2008 and paid if off/closed it in June 2010, would the age of that account be 4 years? Or just the 2 years the account was open?
Valued Member
jeffriesde

The age of that account would be 4 years.  It starts from when it was opened and continues to increase until it falls off your record, which is ~10 years after the account was closed.  So that account when it drops off would have an age of ~14 years.

Starting Score: EQ 549 (5/2012) | TU 594 (7/2012)
Current Score: EQ 618 (9/2012 Lender Pull) | TU 648 (9/2012 Lender Pull) | EX 599 (9/4/2012 Lender Pull)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
JasonBourneOfCredit

Revelate wrote:

CK only calculates based on open accounts, FICO does both open and closed accounts.  That's the source of your discrepancy though I didn't calculate it out by hand in your case.

THANKS! This is super helpful. I was wondering why my CK AAoA was so low.

Hey goofballs, Jason Bourne is from the Bourne movies. Yeah that guy. Of credit. Get it?

Starting Score: 561
Current Score: 734 FICO
Goal Score: 740

Decode the algorithm, beat the system. Credit is a game.

Decode the algorithm, beat the system. Credit is a game.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+