Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert from FICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alert from FICO

What exactly does this alert I received this morning mean? I paid Portfolio off IN FULL for the amout originally owed months ago, I didn't do any type of settle for less type deal. Are they reporting me as past due and it mentions paid in full for less then original amount?? I tried disputing them last month in hopes that they would remove the tradeline as they have deleted their last collection I had with them. 

http://i65.tinypic.com/33p39dg.png

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alert from FICO

Friendly bump for info..
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What exactly does this alert I received this morning mean? I paid Portfolio off IN FULL for the amout originally owed months ago, I didn't do any type of settle for less type deal. Are they reporting me as past due and it mentions paid in full for less then original amount?? I tried disputing them last month in hopes that they would remove the tradeline as they have deleted their last collection I had with them. 

http://i65.tinypic.com/33p39dg.png

The alert is for the fact that the description was changed from "Customer Disputes - Reinvestigation in progress Collection Account" to "Customer Disputes this Account Information ..."  Basically what is in front of the little fat blue arrow was changed to what follows the little fat blue arrow.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

So they are in fact stating I paid less then the original amount owed? Does that mean the investigation is closed?

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So they are in fact stating I paid less then the original amount owed? Does that change mean the investigation is closed?

That would seem to be the case. How long has it been since you placed the dispute?

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed it Oct 30th so the 30 days is just about here. But I know I for sure paid them the full collection amount originally owed so not sure where they are getting the less part. Can I dispute that? Or should I just try a GW

Message 6 of 13
tufa4311
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I disputed it Oct 30th so the 30 days is just about here. But I know I for sure paid them the full collection amount originally owed so not sure where they are getting the less part. Can I dispute that? Or should I just try a GW

First thing I would do is simply call the collection agency and get the numbers that they have. Ask what the original balance on the account was when they received it. If that was how much you paid well then there is a disconnect. Determine where that disconnect is - they are the one's saying it was paid for less than full balance so ask them to explain it to you. Before wasting time and energy on requesting a GW first determine what the problem is - and if you paid the full balance, as you say you did, well there is nothing to GW for, you did your part...you of course will still have the collection listed but if you paid the full balance that comment should be removed.

796 TU FICO 08 (08/2018)
758 TU FICO 08 (01/12/2016)
753 TU FICO 08 (11/21/2015)
740: EQ Score Power (Beacon 5.0) FICO 04 (01/23/2015)
755 TU FICO 08 (01/21/2015)
652 TU Lender Pull (06/10/2014)
665 TU FICO 08 (05/21/2014)
Goal: 800+
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I most def paid them in full. I even went and checked my bank records last night and confirmed I paid them in full of the original amount. 

Message 8 of 13
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Was the Collection Agency asking for original amount PLUS their addons like interest and costs (typical of CA's to inflate the original amount by a bunch) ?  Then did they "settle" for the original amount less their addons?

Just a thought....

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was for the original amount the OC had listed I owed when it charged off. $1494. So I paid PRA the full amount they had asked for which was $1494. The remarks on my report for PRA state that "paid for less than full amount". So in my eyes that's saying I paid less then $1494. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.