Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex CLI

i applied for Amex Gold Delta last week...they approved me for $1000 CL.

In the household income field, i only put the salary for my full time job...i forgot to include my weekend job money in there. So, if i ask them for CLI at activation, you think they will grant it to me when i ask them to adjust my weekend money in Income field??

I mean, that's another 10-15K i make over the weekends on top of my regular salary.

By the way, my EX score is only 579.

Message Edited by Irvin on 06-11-2007 03:23 PM
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex CLI

They tend to be generous with CLI's upon activation. But, it may be have an adverse affect and they may feel you are lying to request a higher CL since you didn't get what you expected when you applied. Post your results.. I'm curious to see what they say.

Message Edited by Jay1987 on 06-11-2007 04:43 PM
Message 2 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I think the policy may have changed recently (at least on the Delta). My brother called today and asked for a CLI on activation. Amex told him you know have to wait 30 days.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if that's just over the phone or online too?

I should be getting my card soon so I guess i'll be able to test that out...
Message 4 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Jay1987 wrote:
I wonder if that's just over the phone or online too?

I should be getting my card soon so I guess i'll be able to test that out...

I doubt it matters.
Message 5 of 6
MM1234
Regular Contributor

I have a personal AMEX and a BIZ AMEX and You need to wait 30 days for all cards before asking for a CLI and have to be in good standing. They dont ask to check your Credit but may if you request too much.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.