Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners

Anyone know when Discover updates?

I just paid down my Discover card, resulting in less than 10% util across the board. My statement closing date was July 11--anyone have any idea when TU and EQ will update? I haven't gotten anything on scorewatch or quarterly monitoring, and I'm uber impatient because I am planning to apply for a car loan through a credit union this week...my score went up 12 points just by paying down 20% of my balance, and I want to see what kind of jump I will get going from 66% total util to 10% total util...

EQ 633 (June 2012), 645 (July 2012)
TU 647 (Early July 2012)
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Anyone know when Discover updates?

[ Edited ]

Discover will typically start updating with the CRAs within a couple of days of the statement date. IME, EX updated first followed by EQ then TU, sometimes up to 2-3-4 days after EX. YMMV of course.

SW doesn't alert to dropped balances; only alerts to balance increases. However, if your target score within your SW setting is hit or surpassed as a result of the paydown, then you could get a score alert. Your EQ FICO is only monitored weekly for these type of alerts. If your CC started updating let's say the 12th or 13th, then I bet by the 20th you'll get the alert provided that your target score is hit or surpassed (assuming nothing else changes on your CR...and assuming your paydown resulted in a change in FICO).

TUQM doesn't alert for any balance changes, and only provides quarterly monitoring for your TU FICO.

Regular Contributor

Discover reports for my the day after my statement closes.  I haven't seen any delays with any of the CRAs.  My statement closes the 17th for example, and if I check my reports on the 18th, all 3 show the new balances, etc.

You can also just contact Discover's customer service and they can do a manual update for you, I've had them do mid-cycle updates sometimes for random things.

Highlighted

Thanks...I just had an inquiry yesterday on SW from opening a savings account I opened Monday with a CU to establish membership for my future auto loan...am still waiting to see that score bump though...it's been 5 working days since the statement closed an no change...I can't imagine going from 66% overall util to 10% wouldn't affect it somehow!

Patience is a virtue, right??

EQ 633 (June 2012), 645 (July 2012)
TU 647 (Early July 2012)

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.