newcarbound

Anyone know when Discover updates?

I just paid down my Discover card, resulting in less than 10% util across the board. My statement closing date was July 11--anyone have any idea when TU and EQ will update? I haven't gotten anything on scorewatch or quarterly monitoring, and I'm uber impatient because I am planning to apply for a car loan through a credit union this week...my score went up 12 points just by paying down 20% of my balance, and I want to see what kind of jump I will get going from 66% total util to 10% total util...

EQ 633 (June 2012), 645 (July 2012)
TU 647 (Early July 2012)
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Anyone know when Discover updates?

[ Edited ]

Discover will typically start updating with the CRAs within a couple of days of the statement date. IME, EX updated first followed by EQ then TU, sometimes up to 2-3-4 days after EX. YMMV of course.

SW doesn't alert to dropped balances; only alerts to balance increases. However, if your target score within your SW setting is hit or surpassed as a result of the paydown, then you could get a score alert. Your EQ FICO is only monitored weekly for these type of alerts. If your CC started updating let's say the 12th or 13th, then I bet by the 20th you'll get the alert provided that your target score is hit or surpassed (assuming nothing else changes on your CR...and assuming your paydown resulted in a change in FICO).

TUQM doesn't alert for any balance changes, and only provides quarterly monitoring for your TU FICO.

Contributor
mmmmmm

Discover reports for my the day after my statement closes.  I haven't seen any delays with any of the CRAs.  My statement closes the 17th for example, and if I check my reports on the 18th, all 3 show the new balances, etc.

You can also just contact Discover's customer service and they can do a manual update for you, I've had them do mid-cycle updates sometimes for random things.

newcarbound

Thanks...I just had an inquiry yesterday on SW from opening a savings account I opened Monday with a CU to establish membership for my future auto loan...am still waiting to see that score bump though...it's been 5 working days since the statement closed an no change...I can't imagine going from 66% overall util to 10% wouldn't affect it somehow!

Patience is a virtue, right??

EQ 633 (June 2012), 645 (July 2012)
TU 647 (Early July 2012)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+