Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Inquiries

tag
randaljon
Regular Contributor

Auto Inquiries

I have read that auto inquiries are not as damaging as othe rinquiries as long as they are all done within a 2 week period. But on my reports they are listed seperately, not as a single inquiry. It also seems FICO is scoring them as individual pulls.

I was able to get 5 of 6 deleted on Experian, but no luck with TransUnion. Says I have 12 inquires! 6 of those Auto hard pulls. Anyone else ever had this problem and come up with a remedy?

I think Experian deleted 5 of them because I disputed and the companies didn't reply within 30 days.

Starting Scores(Jan/2011): EQ 564 TU 538 EXP 576
Current Score: EQ 692 TU 728 EXP 710 (Quizzle FAKO)Goal Score: 720

Wallet: Grow Visa 500, Capital One MC 2000, Capital One MC 1250, Paypal MC 3000, Jared 10500, Kay 2000, Walmart 2050, TJX Rewards 1200
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Auto Inquiries

Sorry to cut and paste a link, but I think it explains it, better then I can.Smiley Wink

http://www.myfico.com/CreditEducation/CreditInquiries.aspx

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Not really disputable with the CRAs on the basis that they should not all be reported  Each inquiry is still a separate inquiry.  Whether FICO "de-dupes" in their scoring is not an issue or concern of the CRA.  They do, and should, include each in your credit file and report.

You may have an issue with how the dealer coded their inquiry.  Unless it was reported with the proper code, FICO would have no way of de-duping them.

Pursuing issues regarding inquiries is very difficult.  You cannot use the direct dispute process for disputes related to inquiries, so you must go through the CRA.

And they are the party who accepted the stated permissible purpose, and provided the CR.  A tough nut to crack.

Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

They are supposed to list as individual inquiries, not as one. FICO scores them as one if coded as an auto inquiry. That window varies by FICO version, but it's 14-45 days with the most-used FICO versions being 30-45 days. If really unsure, pull your FICO report. On the inquiries page it'll list each inquiry. But on the Glance page, it'll give a different number for inquiry count than you have for the total number of inquiries listed.

If you basing your concerns off a CMS, then know that your FICO report would read differently. FAKOs do count them individually.

Look out for an added FA.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.