Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back child support

tag
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Back child support

Will remain on the credit report for 7 years after it is satisfied. That is how it's done in Utah which is done by the ORS or Office of Recovery Seervices. I got a call from them because I was just curious. I do not have any that I ahve to pay but wanted to find out so that I can pass on the inforamtiuon. I do not know how other states operate.

Bob
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Back child support

The way the child support commies in California work is they list your child support payments like a credit account. So if you get behind, it's listed like any other delinquent account. They claim that if you stay on time, it's listed as an account in good standing, but somehow I suspect Hell will freeze over and they'll hold the Winter Olympics there before the child-support agency would do ANYTHING that might even slightly help us non-custodial fathers.

Yeah, in case you couldn't tell, I hate the child support agency. Not only that, I hate their families, their kids, their pets and hangers-on, and the politicians that created their agencies in the first place. A pox on them all.

Message Edited by TheNewWorldMan on 05-13-2007 11:44 AM
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm. I'm in California and it doesn't work like that for me. My payments are court ordered and they come right out of my paycheck. They take the regular payment plus another smaller payment towards the $3K left in back support. Neither show up on any of the 3 bureaus in any form, public record or otherwise.

Message Edited by devhip on 05-13-2007 12:18 PM
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in Washington State and my old child support is on my reports.
Message 4 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hmm. I'm in California and it doesn't work like that for me. My payments are court ordered and they come right out of my paycheck. They take the regular payment plus another smaller payment towards the $3K left in back support. Neither show up on any of the 3 bureaus in any form, public record or otherwise.

Message Edited by devhip on 05-13-2007 12:18 PM

You're lucky. If you lived in NJ that would be reportable to the CRA's.1K behind flips the switch. My account was flagged in error and sent to two of three agencies by mistake. I spoke to my case worker and she claims to have sent the account back to the state as not in arrears do not report. It is not showing up as a negative but its no ones business. I am currently in dispute.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess that's the difference then. I don't get behind. I don't have a choice....it comes out before I even see it. The "back support" was awarded because I gave money directly to the mother for probably a year before there was a court judgment. Then the courts decided I owed for that year, so I got to pay twice. Nice, huh? But that was over 18 years ago. I was 19 and fresh off the turnip truck. I didn't know any better. I still thought life was fair back then.

Message Edited by devhip on 05-13-2007 12:38 PM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.