cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI request denied. How to balance usage for CLI and still maintain low util??

tag
nosxih
Regular Contributor

CLI request denied. How to balance usage for CLI and still maintain low util??

A call to a Capitol One back door and also Macy's and JCP all were denied CLI.
When I asked what I should do to improve my chances of a CLI I got back "use your card"
I have 0 balances on all of them for low utilization.
well, If I use my cards my util will go up but if I don't I don't get CLI's. Where is the fine line?
Low balance and min monthly payments? High usage and payoff each month?

So, I have a Ashley's furn. card that is a year old. I have never used and it has 3500 avail. Should I better use it some or should I just let it set? I don't want to buy a couch just to keep my card alive. Do I?

thanks.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI request denied. How to balance usage for CLI and still maintain low util??

You could buy me a couch...Smiley Very Happy

Kidding! Seriously though, you can use your Cap1 for everyday purchases (groceries, gas, etc) and PIF or pay down to about 1% before the statement date. That will keep your util low, because it won't show on your CR, but will still show the CCC you're using the card.

Macy's, JCP, Ashley - those are tougher. You'd have to buy their merchandise, obviously, and it's silly to shell out $$ for stuff you don't need just to get a CLI.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.