Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRA's reporting incorrect info after 2 disputes

tag
astronomer25
New Visitor

CRA's reporting incorrect info after 2 disputes

I got my student loans goodwilled to remove all negatives.  I have 5 accounts (2 current (sub+unsub), 2 closed (sub +unsub), and 1 combined (accnt number was ssn))

1. 2011 - Direct Loans closed by 1 consolidation loan because account nbr was ssn... 

2. 2011 - DL opened 2 accounts for me (one sub and unsub) without my ssn in the account number

3. 2012 - DL transferred my loans (closed the ones in #2) and transfered to another servicer  who opened 2 accounts (sub+unsub)

#3 has no lates

#2 each had 4 lates in 2012

#1 had 1-6 lates depending on CRA.

I requested a goodwill for removing last 4 lates on #2 (both accounts, DL gave me a letter that they would delete).  Here is the result of my disputes

Round 1 - Disputed all 3 (Tu, EX and EQ validated loans #3 and #2)

Round 2 dispute - TU removed all lates from one of the #2, validated lates on #1, EX and EQ validdated lates on #1 and cleared lates on both #2 loans

So what do I do?  I called DL and they have no lates on my account.  They are backlogged and can't resend to the CRA's electronically again.  All 3 CRA's are reporting lates which is inaccurate since the OC has no late payments in the system.

I am afraid another dispute would be deemed frivolous.  On the last dispute I sent a copy of the letter from DL which showed the account numbers and that there were no late payments on it.  I don't know how the CRA's can validate late payments when the OC has no record of the late payments anymore and I have a letter stating there are no late payments.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: CRA's reporting incorrect info after 2 disputes

Welcome to the forums.

Why did you dispute with the CRAs and when did you do this?

Message 2 of 3
astronomer25
New Visitor

Re: CRA's reporting incorrect info after 2 disputes

BTW - I asked for the goodwill since in 2012 DL gave me a retroactive deferrement, so none of my lates should have been reporting.  I just requested that they updated my account to remove the lates due to the deferrment.

DL said they would update in 48 hours in the end of june.  I didn't see an update in a week so I disputed with the CRA's.  I figured since my accounts were clean, that there was no way a CRA could validate late tradelines that were no longer reporting from the OC.  

The disputes were resolved within 3 weeks stating that there was still a delinquency on each of my 3 accounts, when there wasn't.  So I called DL again and asked if I had any negative items/late pays which they said my account is clean with pays as agreed and no late pays, so I disputed again with the CRA's.  

The CRA's updated 2 of the three accounts as clean and never late.  I contacted DL and they said it was sent electronically and they would send the update again but it could take over 3 months before they get to my request due to backlogs.  

All three CRA's have validated late payments which don't exist with DL.  Since DL reported all 3 accounts as never late to the CRA's once and the CRA's did not update, I am not confident that DL has the ability to update the CRA's.  

So I am stuck in limbo (3 closed accounts which have 0 late pays and pays as agreed as told to me by creditor, and 1 of the accounts showing late multiple times by all three CRA's -  Except each CRA shows different dates for each of the lates).  I have no idea how the CRA's can validate with the OC and have different lates when the OC has 0 lates on my account.  Could the CRA's have validated with anyone else besides DL?

Unsure of my next step.  any ideas?  A friend told me I should sue each CRA in small claims for reporting incorrect information.  Since I have correspondence from DL stating I have no lates, they said it should be an open and shut case. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.