Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Equifax Monitoring & Scorewatch. Complete waste of $$$

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cancelling Equifax Monitoring & Scorewatch. Complete waste of $$$

Hello everyone,

I hope it is o.k for me to post this here as I am also trying to clean up my credit.

I have yet to receive any notification from equifax scorewatch ( not this site- the actual equifax site ) since signing up with them 2 weeks ago. I have had many items removed from my report so no change in score is just not possible, imho. It makes me mad that such a poorly run company has complete control over my fico score. I just did some searches on the internet and found alot of unhappy equifax customers. I will be cancelling their services as soon as my monthly services run out. Does MyFico get their information from them? I had myfico for a month and cancelled the services. They seemed to do a much better job of notifying me of changes in score.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cancelling Equifax Monitoring & Scorewatch. Complete waste of $$$

I just cancelled the EQ monitoring service I had. It wasn't SW, but the report monitoring.

I couldn't update daily like I was supposed to be able to and I would have to email them and they'd pull the report for me. Come the next day, the same thing.

The report that myFICO monitors will still come from EQ. But, I don't know how the SW works between the two companies completely. Might post over on the product feedback board.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

yup----cancelled mine too.
Message 3 of 7
tiger67
Regular Contributor

Considering the same. I have SW plus unlimited pulls on EQ, but have only been able to pull seven reports this month. I have spent probably 4 hours on the phone and 10 emails trying to get this resolved. It worked great from Oct to early Mar and then went in the crapper.
Message 4 of 7
musikklvr
Frequent Contributor

I cancelled my SW from this site because I hadn't received an alert in 2 months and my credit report changed drastically and scores increased significantly within those 2 months and I never received an alert for it.

Starting Score: 668
Current Score: 712
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

@musikklvr wrote:
I cancelled my SW from this site because I hadn't received an alert in 2 months and my credit report changed drastically and scores increased significantly within those 2 months and I never received an alert for it.

I am thinking of doing the same thing. There has been a new Inqu, new account, and a new score and I havn't gotten a SW alert in over a month. The only reason I know all this is because I payed for a new report to find out what is going on. I signed up in January and was getting regular emails for the first few months but almost none existant lately. So I'll probably just cancel pretty soon. Too badSmiley Sad
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 6 of 7
tiger67
Regular Contributor

Just cancelled!

I am tired of the same BS excuse from CS "we are experiencing technical difficulties, please call back in a few hours". I have heard that crap for the last 3 days. I pay for unlimited pulls but have only been able to access 8 reports this month, and none in the last 6 days. Also, SW hasn't reported a score change in 24 days even though major changes have occurred.

Crappy product, crappy service, good riddance!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.